Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pics request: clean examples of bar/stem/tape jobs for top tube cable entry bikes
Quote | Reply
Not new OEM 2019/2019 bikes with fully integrated and hidden cables from the factory.......I'm talking about people who have done the best they can do on their own.

That many search terms in Google is proving problematic.

I'm buying an aero road bar soon (road bike), and it's an aero bike with the two cable entries just behind the steerer on the top tube.

I'm not happy with how the current cabling from that point to the bars kinds of just curls all over the place between leaving the bars and going around the stem and entering the top tube.

I don't think the new Propel setup is reverse compatible, the entry in the frame appears more forward on the new ones.

I think taping them to the sides of the stem with electrical tape would be really fugly. Unless you bought some vinyl or tape the width of the stem length.

Gracias.
Quote Reply
Re: Pics request: clean examples of bar/stem/tape jobs for top tube cable entry bikes [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See if you can get Desert Dude to post a writeup/picture of his Plasma 3 cabling. Might not be the use case you're looking for but it's pretty slick.
Quote Reply
Re: Pics request: clean examples of bar/stem/tape jobs for top tube cable entry bikes [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this is what you don't like but here are some shots of my Felt Aero Road. Also, these are just what I have on hand. I can take some different angles if you like.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: Pics request: clean examples of bar/stem/tape jobs for top tube cable entry bikes [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LAI wrote:
Not sure if this is what you don't like but here are some shots of my Felt Aero Road. Also, these are just what I have on hand. I can take some different angles if you like.

Thanks! Nice and clean, I like it.

Is your FD electronic? I only see one entry to the top tube and appears one of your downtube entries is plugged.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
LAI wrote:

Thanks! Nice and clean, I like it.

Is your FD electronic? I only see one entry to the top tube and appears one of your downtube entries is plugged.

Yes. This is Di2 6870. I really didn't like the look of cables as they were side entry. Di2 cleans things up a ton.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: Pics request: clean examples of bar/stem/tape jobs for top tube cable entry bikes [colnagoguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
colnagoguy wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RORISzYGxso and https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...reply;so=ASC;page=-1

The bike already has the OEM entry like that. I'm getting at from there to road drop bars.

The stem cap thing looks promising there though.

This would be ideal, and I'm starting with a 2016/2017 version to begin with:

Quote Reply
Re: Pics request: clean examples of bar/stem/tape jobs for top tube cable entry bikes [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LAI wrote:

@LAI did a fantastic job there, and he was very helpful with suggestions when I was building up mine. Felt should really pay him as a spokesperson :)

I just built up my own AR using 8050 parts (and a 6870 FD, have a 8050 but too lazy to swap at the moment). Handlebar can't run wires to ES910 internally, but just every other wire is routed through the bar. Will be getting TriRig brakes for Front and Back later

Quote Reply