Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What is a "Age Grouper" [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
tfleeger wrote:
cartsman wrote:
Nobody should be allowed to race in my age group unless they have an office job with long hours, regularly fly long haul with work, and have at least 2 young kids. Otherwise it's completely unfair as they'll have more training and recovery time than me. Oh, and they shouldn't have swum competitively as a kid either, that's also unfair.

(/pink in case it wasn't obvious)

maybe we should dump the AG system and use a more a system which more closely aligns athletes, a lifestyle grouping system. we could create the following groups:
The unemployed
college kids
coaches
Full time desk job suckers
50% work travel warriors
About to get divorced if I train any more
divorced
under 150lbs
over 200 lbs
retired
I'm only doing this one single IM so I can tell get the tattoo
no T isn't a PED, I have a doctors prescription!
over $10K bike club

Can we add a sub-category of "I should do this long run but it seems kind of hot out'. I mean, it really is not fair that I have to race against people who will go out and run when it is hot and muggy out instead of sitting in the chair drinking a cocktail..

With all these categories, can I add one for road bikes so I don't have to get used to aero bars?

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: What is a "Age Grouper" [Vincible] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So the people who joined my collegiate club a month or so ago, can barely swim, and have never done a tri before should race pro because they get some discounts on things? Your argument makes no sense, as there is no connection between getting gear discounts and being fast. Racing elite should be 100% performance based, as it is now.

Additionally, i think we already have too many age groups and categories. The last thing we need is to keep making more arbitrary distinctions so that everyone can be a winner.
Quote Reply
Re: What is a "Age Grouper" [Vincible] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vincible wrote:
When a person receives financial gain from a sport, they become a pro in that sport, imo. So if a person gets a discounted bike (at a price not available to the public) from a mfr or a shop, they should be a pro. .

How does what a person pays for something qualify them to be a professional? I happen to have a great relationship with a local bike shop, and was fortunate enough to get a bike at cost, but am FAR from fast enough to qualify for an elite license.

This whole thing is nothing but jealousy. I'd rather finish 50th to faster guys than 1st because everybody else is racing in a different, faster, classification. If you finished 50th OA and 49 guys were guys forced to be "pro", sure you win your AG but you still finished 50th
Quote Reply
Re: What is a "Age Grouper" [Steleo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First - opened this thread wanting to see somebody else scratching their heads at the term "age grouper" when it should just be "amateur" like every other sport.

Second - the bigger story about Dan Plews being a LCHF athlete is lost here.
Quote Reply

Prev Next