Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Why are there so many slow people in Kona. [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year frankfurt (eu champs) was 39 degrees which made it thr hottest IM ever and I guess about 10 degrees hotter than kona. But true many are doing the kona prep in autumn

TheStroBro wrote:
How often do you train and race in those conditions?
Quote Reply
Re: Why are there so many slow people in Kona. [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:
Soooooo many people peak for a qualifying race and put all their effort and motivation into that race, and treat Kona as a semi-vacation, semi race, but are mainly there to experience the race itself, rather than put the same effort and motivation into it. Look at how how many people here and elsewhere talk about KQing vs. kicking ass once they are there.

That's exactly my story and I wouldn't have changed anything about it, not 1 second.
Quote Reply
Re: Why are there so many slow people in Kona. [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
Last year frankfurt (eu champs) was 39 degrees which made it thr hottest IM ever and I guess about 10 degrees hotter than kona. But true many are doing the kona prep in autumn

TheStroBro wrote:

It's not just the heat that makes conditions tough at Kona, it's also the wind and humidity.
Quote Reply
Re: Why are there so many slow people in Kona. [satanellus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
satanellus wrote:
lacticturkey wrote:

TheStroBro wrote:

It's not just the heat that makes conditions tough at Kona, it's also the wind and humidity.
+ jetlag
Quote Reply

Prev Next