Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Enve Racing - Last Week for Applications
Quote | Reply
I just wanted to show everyone some of the gear we have put together for the ENVE race team!! If anyone has any questions, feel free to post here or shoot me a direct message. We are looking for athletes of all ability levels for this team. We want to assemble an accurate sample of the age group triathlon population. So we encourage every type of athlete to apply!!

Check out https://www.enveracing.com/join-team.cfm for more information and to apply!

Quote Reply
Re: Enve Racing - Last Week for Applications [ajbaucco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey AJ,

The kits look sick and the value is unmatched would love to apply, but djst was curious, why do you automatically get charged if you get picked for the team and not have a possibility to have a day or a week to decide? I understand weeding out those that are not fully committed, but what about those individuals whom may want to apply to more then one team and have to wait to get confirmation or a declined entry from others?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like an awesome opportunity! If I could actually afford some ENVE wheels, even with the discount, I would totally join. Those hoops definitely make me green ENVE, lol.
Quote Reply
Re: Enve Racing - Last Week for Applications [pkeys00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We talked a lot about this topic and decided that it shows more commitment to the team this way. Also, the timeline is pretty tight for a lot of our venders. We want everyone to have all of the gear by early January and that means placing our gear orders in early Nov.
Quote Reply
Re: Enve Racing - Last Week for Applications [jhammond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If there was ever a time to afford them, it would be through this team! The discount will be very large... we don't want to promote a specific number but it won't be a 10-20% arbitrary discount. We are also in the process of locking in a ton of other top partners so there will be a lot list of savings that go beyond bike wheels and carbon parts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajbaucco wrote:
We talked a lot about this topic and decided that it shows more commitment to the team this way. Also, the timeline is pretty tight for a lot of our venders. We want everyone to have all of the gear by early January and that means placing our gear orders in early Nov.

If you want commitment you gotta come up with something better than this. This is normal run of the mill stuff you get with any other team and most at a lower up front cost.
You don’t even divulge your biggest asset which is the wheel discount .

Big Sexy Racing 2018
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajbaucco wrote:

Sounds like Enve's inability to get this out in a timely manner is the issue? That, or you're going for the hard sell, MLM-type angle. Lame, either way, and pretty disappointing.
Quote Reply
Re: Enve Racing - Last Week for Applications [Diehl78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am happy to share the team ENVE discount to anyone that wants to know. Just email me at ajbaucco@gmail.com or DM me here. It is substantial.

Also, we are getting an incredible amount of applications for the team. Far more than we can accept, so I am not convinced that other people share your perspective. With that being said, I totally understand where you are coming from.

-AJ
Quote Reply
Re: Enve Racing - Last Week for Applications [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not sure what you mean here. Our members will have everything in early January. That is FAR earlier than the majority of the teams in this industry (like months earlier). We wanted our team to be rocking the gear at every race in 2019, even the early ones.

What is so disappointing about that? Maybe I am misreading your message.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajbaucco wrote:
I am not sure what you mean here. Our members will have everything in early January. That is FAR earlier than the majority of the teams in this industry (like months earlier). We wanted our team to be rocking the gear at every race in 2019, even the early ones.

What is so disappointing about that? Maybe I am misreading your message.

You are saying you can't give people a week to decide once they know all the details because "the timeline is pretty tight for a lot of our venders." If you'd opened it up a week or two earlier people could make an informed choice and you'd still be able to get orders to your vendors in a timely fashion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are right, but it isn't always that easy. We have been putting the details of this team together for the past several months. I am not sure how familiar you are with these teams, but there are A LOT of moving parts. My job is coordinating the 30+ people that are involved with making the launch happen. We did launch a week later than planned, but that didn't change anything. We planned the application process this way ahead of time.

If you are hoping to get picked for another team over ENVE, I would recommend applying for that team and not this one. If you are worried that you won't get picked for this team, and you don't want to miss out on another team, then I would apply for both teams. I don't think other teams have the same application process as us and maybe you can pull out of that team if you are picked.

Just trying my best to be helpful here and offer options.

-AJ
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't apply because my forum signature space is already taken up by other important matters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds good. Thanks for all your feedback

AJ
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry AJ, didn't mean to stir the pot here! Thanks for your response I was just curious the reasoning and totally understand.
Quote Reply
Re: Enve Racing - Last Week for Applications [pkeys00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No stress at all! I am happy to answer any questions and help with any concerns!
Quote Reply