Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo Bolt stem adaptor
Quote | Reply
I have a road bike with what I guess are old style drop handlebars that are smaller than 31.8mm, and a TT bike with Oval aero bars whose crosspiece (where I mounted my Garmin) is also much smaller than 3.18mm. The Out Front mount that Wahoo supplies is only for a 31.8mm, so it doesn't work for either bike.

Is my only option to find another stem mount somewhere? Wahoo's own site says they are out of stock.

Great product, but it shouldn't be this hard to be able to mount on two bikes.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Bolt stem adaptor [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.joshajohnson.com/...a-wahoo-elemnt-bolt/

Been done. Garmin mounts work. I'd assume anyone selling something like the Enve stem bolt out-front Garmin mount would work if you modify it like this guy did.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Bolt stem adaptor [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would try either wrapping the bar (where the mount clamp will sit over) with a couple layers of electrical tape and see if that works. If the gap is significant, then maybe cut up a section from an old tube and wrap the bar with that, then another layer of electrical tape.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Bolt stem adaptor [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason N wrote:
I would try either wrapping the bar (where the mount clamp will sit over) with a couple layers of electrical tape and see if that works. If the gap is significant, then maybe cut up a section from an old tube and wrap the bar with that, then another layer of electrical tape.

What I did was take a bunch of adaptors (little rubber strips) from previous cyclocomputers, and put them around my road bike handlebar next to the stem, and put the Out Front mount clamp around that. Of course, I've got Shimano Ultegra brifters, so there are four cables that cross in front of the stem, meaning I had to weave the mount amongst those cables.

You'd think that the Out Front mount would be best (due to aero) on my TT bike, but if I put it between the aerobars, the side buttons are inaccessible. So the TT bike gets the "stem" mount. I have no idea how anyone could put the aero mount on an aerobar-equipped bike...

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply