Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Was there an Omni in the Kona bike count or on course, and MPRo with tri-spokes??
Quote | Reply
I looked over the count list on the earlier thread, and didn't see a mention of the TriRig Omni. Just curious, was there one spotted at check-in or on the course?

Also, who was the MPro early out of T1 that appeared to be riding tri-spoke wheels?

I am just curious only. I'm not knocking any brand, bike, or athlete.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply
Re: Was there an Omni in the Kona bike count or on course, and MPRo with tri-spokes?? [Taugen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found the picture of the MPro that was on tri-spoke wheels from Nick's great shots.

(Photo courtesy of Nick Salazar)

Cyril Viennot, MPro 38, was riding on wheels called Fluxos.

Very strange design for a tri-spoke, and their website doesn't say much of anything nor show any product pictures. Has anyone seen these wheels up close, thoughts??

Quote Reply
Re: Was there an Omni in the Kona bike count or on course, and MPRo with tri-spokes?? [Taugen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Taugen wrote:
I found the picture of the MPro that was on tri-spoke wheels from Nick's great shots.

(Photo courtesy of Nick Salazar)

Cyril Viennot, MPro 38, was riding on wheels called Fluxos.

Very strange design for a tri-spoke, and their website doesn't say much of anything nor show any product pictures. Has anyone seen these wheels up close, thoughts??

this Cipollini must be like $100,000 - cool looking ride!
Last edited by: triczyk: Oct 16, 18 7:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.tririg.com/...Race_Day&num=359

Cam Brown also trispoke
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatever their performance, they look hella cool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just checked on the site below, and no Tririg bikes are listed (there isn't an "other" category, or similar either)
https://www.triathlete.com/2018/10/ironman/cervelo-reigns-again-at-kona-bike-count-but-gap-closes_336239

On a separate note re: the count - They say that 418 individuals used Garmin pedals, but only noted 383 Garmin power meters. Given that those doing the count were "industry experts", I'm surprised.
The only thing I can think is that they saw Gen 3 pedals which didn't have pods, and assumed that those individuals were using them as pedals only.

Last edited by: Liaman: Oct 16, 18 7:30
Quote Reply
Re: Was there an Omni in the Kona bike count or on course, and MPRo with tri-spokes?? [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Liaman wrote:
Just checked on the site below, and no Tririg bikes are listed (there isn't an "other" category, or similar either)
https://www.triathlete.com/2018/10/ironman/cervelo-reigns-again-at-kona-bike-count-but-gap-closes_336239
I believe there was at least one Omni on course. One of our customers sent in a photo of his race rig on the island. Perhaps any Omni bikes were mistakenly counted as a Ventum or something else. I'm not too upset about it - the bike count process is absolute chaos, and extremely difficult to get it all right. I'd put the error bars on every number at plus or minus 5-10%, easily.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cyril also changed kit sponsors this season.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Was there an Omni in the Kona bike count or on course, and MPRo with tri-spokes?? [johovishta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johovishta wrote:
https://www.tririg.com/galleries.php?id=2018_10_Ironman_Hawaii_Race_Day&num=359

Cam Brown also trispoke
In Reply To:

Yes, Cam Brown was also using tri-spokes. The new Vision Metron wheels.

Matt Chrabot was also using the very oddly shaped Fluxos tri-spokes.

Side note, I like the new shape of the Vision Metron 3-spoke wheels. The spokes are a shorter profile than previous model of Vision Metron wheels.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those Fluxo wheels fail the eyeball windtunnel test Big Time. One of the design principles of a deep wheel is that you are reducing the length and max speed the spoke sees, which reduces the watts to spin.. By putting the fin on the backside of the spoke, or having a big length differential, they have kind of maximized the spoke length. Putting all the area behind the leading edge of the spoke probably also makes them more difficult to handle in a cross wind.

So they look like all that design nonsense probably makes for a slower wheel that is scary as poo in a crosswind. Of course Chippo was always one to emphasize fashion over function. About the only exception was him using a gallon of hair gel to keep his hair from flapping in the wind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rode a TriRig Omni with Alpha One bar in Kona at ironman world championship hawaii they did not count it
Quote Reply
Re: Was there an Omni in the Kona bike count or on course, and MPRo with tri-spokes?? [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
Liaman wrote:
I believe there was at least one Omni on course. One of our customers sent in a photo of his race rig on the island. Perhaps any Omni bikes were mistakenly counted as a Ventum or something else. I'm not too upset about it - the bike count process is absolute chaos, and extremely difficult to get it all right. I'd put the error bars on every number at plus or minus 5-10%, easily.

Nick how are things going with the sales of the Omni? Are they meeting your expectations? I know it’s got to be a tough market to get in to.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Was there an Omni in the Kona bike count or on course, and MPRo with tri-spokes?? [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
Nick how are things going with the sales of the Omni? Are they meeting your expectations? I know it’s got to be a tough market to get in to.

We've actually been delighted with how Omni has done. One thing to keep in mind: we have not, to this point, had ANY physical presence with any of our products. So when a customer buys an Omni, they have never had the opportunity to see it in person. That means that all of our Omni customers are buying it sight-unseen, no test ride under the belt. That's a BIG deal, and requires a LOT of trust from these folks. So we have been really excited by how Omni is doing, in that light.

So this begs the question of why haven't we exhibited and gotten the bike out in front of more people. There are several factors, but the most salient is that we haven't wanted to use such a big chunk of our working capital to do so. TriRig has never been injected with huge amounts of capital. There's no investor. There's no trust fund. There's no venture capital debt. Everything is organic, and funded ou of our own sales and cash flow. So when we make a big investment, we're not using any "play money" - it comes directly out of the profits of the company. Therefore, every investment is very carefully considered.

We do finally think it's time to start organizing some physical presence. In 2019, we will be exhibiting at a small number of events (to be announced soon), to try and help more folks get their eyes and hands on our products. And I think once they do, there will be a whole lot more folks on Omni :-)

--
TriRig.com
Last edited by: TriRig: Oct 18, 18 9:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a TriRig Omni with a alpha one aero bar on it in Kona it was mine did not get in bike count. From what I understand they did not know what it was
Quote Reply
Re: Was there an Omni in the Kona bike count or on course, and MPRo with tri-spokes?? [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wondering why it really hard to get info my Omni. Mine was raced in Kona I bought it sight un seen just took a chance on it. Other than few U tube videos and tririg web page info is hard to come by. Slowtwich had a owner review but he did not cover everything. This is a amazing bike. It is beautiful and well thought out. I own five TT bikes the Omni has moved up to my favorite bike.
Quote Reply