Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dumb trainer to smart trainer?
Quote | Reply
LOVE my cyclops fluid trainer (smooth, quite and paid for), but looking for ways to make it smart. I’m NOT tech savvy...... currently have Apple TV and a huge hi-def projector in the pain cave. Is there anything I can do to get my setup smarter? Eventually would like to Zwift this winter....any help appreciated. Also, what fans r you using. Mine are fine, but just fine. Not great....

Links to products appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb trainer to smart trainer? [Edor5505] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have a power meter on your bike, it's as smart as it'll get without spending more $. If you have a Bluetooth Smart power meter on the bike, even better. That'll link direct to your AppleTV and you'll be able to choose a few options there for training software.

Other generic bike room tips covered here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3Pf2DevB90 (I'll do a refresh soon, this is two years old now)

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I took my power from 180 to 250 on a Cyclops dumb trainer (not even a fluid). Bought a power meter, jumped on TrainerRoad and never looked back. Biggest gains I've made in any of the three disciplines.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can Zwift with your current setup. You're power meter can be read by Zwift already, you just won't get the automatic resistance adjustment of a smart trainer.
Quote Reply