Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone here ever build, own, and operate a mini golf course?
Quote | Reply
Just curious. I have a family member who is about to pull the trigger on this.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone here ever build, own, and operate a mini golf course? [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure that is what JSA does for a living. Gives him time to watch Judge Judy and learn stuff so he can pretend to be a lawyer here.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone here ever build, own, and operate a mini golf course? [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't own one but my construction company got stiffed by one because he ran out of money.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone here ever build, own, and operate a mini golf course? [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Pretty sure that is what JSA does for a living. Gives him time to watch Judge Judy and learn stuff so he can pretend to be a lawyer here.

LOL. Thanks for starting my day out with this.

Makes me wonder if he sits at the ball and stick shack with Judge Judy on an old tube tv collecting money and balls. He only gets up during commercials to unclog 18.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When was the last time you saw anyone open a mini-golf course?

Seriously, that campy Americana stuff doesn't sell well anymore and hasn't in like 25 years.

Your family member is about to waste a lot of money.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When's the last time you exclaimed, "hey that's a kick-ass looking mini golf course!"

When's the last time you stated, "hey, looks like it used to be a mini golf course."
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone here ever build, own, and operate a mini golf course? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's market specific. There's an indoor one a mile from us in Brooklyn on an upper floor of a warehouse that is making a killing. Even parent in New York goes there when it rains.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone here ever build, own, and operate a mini golf course? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
When was the last time you saw anyone open a mini-golf course?

Seriously, that campy Americana stuff doesn't sell well anymore and hasn't in like 25 years.

Your family member is about to waste a lot of money.

A regular old putt putt style one opened up near me and as I drove by my only thought was, 'well that is a waste of money'.

There are quite a few of the fancy style ones with rocks and rivers and such around Columbus. Probably around half of them are abandoned.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone here ever build, own, and operate a mini golf course? [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"It's market specific."

He's done about a year and a half of research and feels that there's an opportunity in his town.

This isn't a get rich quick scheme. He's looking for a career change to get him out of teaching.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My kids LOVE putt putt golf!! Throw in an arcade or laser tag area and it’s an all day affair!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone here ever build, own, and operate a mini golf course? [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RockyMtnChic wrote:
My kids LOVE putt putt golf!! Throw in an arcade or laser tag area and it’s an all day affair!

All the mini golf places around me are now a part of an entertainment complex. Usually a combination of baseball cages, video games, laser tag, roller skating, go karts, etc.
Quote Reply