Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The pro prize purse at Kona. Does Daniela Ryf's paycheck need adjustment? [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Have the women and men start on different days, women and men can generate there own money with sponsors/TV etc then nobody can be accused of taking a slice out of anybody else's pie.

We'd get better coverage of both races also I'm sure, everyone's a winner (apart from maybe the residents and some of the AG lot who like a sly draft)

This would not end well for the PC crowd.
Quote Reply
Re: The pro prize purse at Kona. Does Daniela Ryf's paycheck need adjustment? [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a hilarious troll...keep it coming...very TRS radioesque
Quote Reply
Re: The pro prize purse at Kona. Does Daniela Ryf's paycheck need adjustment? [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davews09 wrote:
@BW_Tri wrote:
Please edit your post title to read "Stupidest Post in ST History"..................

Proof the mind of a profamateur really is simple.

Says the idiotic poster on ST who hides behind his keyboard, O wait your David Sedelnick? Yep, big tough guy. Probably the same guy that would complain if I went back to racing amateur and KQ'd, you would then call me a sandbagger right?

Back to the original topic, I don't think I really needed to expand on my thoughts. It is quite simply the stupidest thing I/we have seen on ST in a very long time. Do you pay women who work for you less than the men, simply because there are fewer of them? Why do you think the Pro Women should be treated any differently?

There is one race that I know of that does what you suggest, and that is a race in France, and it blows me away that Pro Women even show up on the start line and show any type of support for the race.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: The pro prize purse at Kona. Does Daniela Ryf's paycheck need adjustment? [@BW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clearly you haven't bothered to read the thread. Guess you were a cliff notes guy in college?

Edit to spell it out:

Of course the OP is ridiculous. Trimule nailed it in the 18th post (first page):
trimule wrote:
Awww.... You got me, you little rascal! I was reading away getting hotter and hotter as one assholery followed another, thinking "Are there still social idiots like this running around loose? Voting, driving cars and breeding?" And then it hit me - this is a troll, right? And I fell for it totally. A brilliant exercise in pretending to be a complete idiot just to have a little fun with the Twitchers. Well done, my man!

and despite my subsequent confirmation, the majority of posters continued with thoughtless diatribe well into the 4th page (yourself included). Did I think the OP would draw opprobrium, of course, but the inability of the masses (absent a few: ttusomeone, sanuk, etc.) to form a coherent argument, even when confronted with absurdity, amazed me.
Last edited by: davews09: Oct 15, 18 13:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn't rule #1 of trolling, to never admit trolling? Awwww, and I was having fun reading the thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davews09 wrote:
Clearly you haven't bothered to read the thread. Guess you were a cliff notes guy in college?

Edit to spell it out:

Of course the OP is ridiculous. Trimule nailed it in the 18th post (first page):
trimule wrote:
Awww.... You got me, you little rascal! I was reading away getting hotter and hotter as one assholery followed another, thinking "Are there still social idiots like this running around loose? Voting, driving cars and breeding?" And then it hit me - this is a troll, right? And I fell for it totally. A brilliant exercise in pretending to be a complete idiot just to have a little fun with the Twitchers. Well done, my man!

and despite my subsequent confirmation, the majority of posters continued with thoughtless diatribe well into the 4th page (yourself included). Did I think the OP would draw opprobrium, of course, but the inability of the masses (absent a few: ttusomeone, sanuk, etc.) to form a coherent argument, even when confronted with absurdity, amazed me.

I remember when trolling on forums was insta-ban material. Are you proud of yourself?

Sexist bullshit doesn’t merit thoughtful response any more than racist or anti Semitic bullshit does. Or flat-Eartherism. Debunked and harmful ideas, when rehashed, should be shot down and the person who brought them forward should be publicly shamed. Even if it was insincere. Maybe especially if it was insincere.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I give you credit for your ability to dig holes and to make increasingly sad posts.
Quote Reply
Re: The pro prize purse at Kona. Does Daniela Ryf's paycheck need adjustment? [dand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dand wrote:
I give you credit for your ability to dig holes and to make increasingly sad posts.

Thanks for reading.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for being so thought provoking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davews09 wrote:
Does anyone else find it troubling that the men and women are receiving equal prize purse distributions dispite the fact that women only make up 28% of the field? If you ask me, the $650,000 should be split $182,000 to the women and $468,000 to the pro men (28% vs. 72%). It stands up to reason that the men are responsible for a big majority share of the viewership, the consuming or products and media, the fanfare, etc., so why should they also not command a equitable share of the profits. I just do not get it. This is not a public company where a woman CEO adds just as much to the company as the male CEO. Here, the male has 72% impact. Daniela deserves a 40% pay cut, if you ask me. What do you think?

It's like you're on the debate team and you were assigned to the position that had absolutely no shred of logic to back it up. You did use everything that was available to you though, so kudos there.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davews09 wrote:
....What do you think?
Supply and demand.
Fewer women, so they're worth more.
See? It's easy to talk crap.
Quote Reply
Re: The pro prize purse at Kona. Does Daniela Ryf's paycheck need adjustment? [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
domingjm wrote:
davews09 wrote:
Does anyone else find it troubling that the men and women are receiving equal prize purse distributions dispite the fact that women only make up 28% of the field? If you ask me, the $650,000 should be split $182,000 to the women and $468,000 to the pro men (28% vs. 72%). It stands up to reason that the men are responsible for a big majority share of the viewership, the consuming or products and media, the fanfare, etc., so why should they also not command a equitable share of the profits. I just do not get it. This is not a public company where a woman CEO adds just as much to the company as the male CEO. Here, the male has 72% impact. Daniela deserves a 40% pay cut, if you ask me. What do you think?

It's like you're on the debate team and you were assigned to the position that had absolutely no shred of logic to back it up. You did use everything that was available to you though, so kudos there.

This is kind of like the Nigerian scammers chapter of freakonomics. They want it to be so plainly a scam sthat only the most gullible people will fall for it and follow through. I can’t imagine Dave though he would catch so many fish with this post.

As to whether he should have posted a troll thread or not, they are very common on here and are usually only meant to have a little fun. I’m not opposed.
Quote Reply
Re: The pro prize purse at Kona. Does Daniela Ryf's paycheck need adjustment? [powerbarjunkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
your reply to the original post more is more stupid-er,,,,,,,,,,
Quote Reply
Re: The pro prize purse at Kona. Does Daniela Ryf's paycheck need adjustment? [pigpen73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply.
How is Appalachia this time of year? You and the cousin wife doing well ? CPS stop harassing you about “home schooling “ your kids? When will they learn Mountain Dew mouth is a badge of honor.

Unfortunately I don’t speak inbred illiterate POS so not sure your point. Maybe go easy on the moonshine before jumping on the Google machine next time.

"There may be men that can beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." Steve Prefontane
Quote Reply
Re: The pro prize purse at Kona. Does Daniela Ryf's paycheck need adjustment? [powerbarjunkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
😂
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just here for the comments. This will be great.
Quote Reply

Prev Next