Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NFL Week6
Quote | Reply
Go Steelers!

How Alejandro Villaneuva ever fit into a parachute harness is a mystery to me. I played for Army at 6'5" and about 245 (we may not be big but we're slow). Al played a few decades *sniff* later at 6'9". Holy Cow!

Would love to see the Chiefs take it to the Pats tonight.

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week6 [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too would like to see the Chiefs win but I can't bet against the Pats at home. Let's just hope for a close game.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week6 [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do announcers seem to delight in saying the full name of "JuJu Smith Schuster?" Couldn't they just say JuJu, or Smith-Schuster? Is there some points bonus---like Kay posting anti-Trump threads--for saying the full Fing name?

Anywhoo.

Go Steelers!

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well there ya! go

:-)

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
Why do announcers seem to delight in saying the full name of "JuJu Smith Schuster?" Couldn't they just say JuJu, or Smith-Schuster? Is there some points bonus---like Kay posting anti-Trump threads--for saying the full Fing name?

Anywhoo.

Go Steelers!
I'm old school. No need for the entire name. And it's better when they say "Brady" vs "Tom".

I can imagine what Jim Brown and Dick Butkus would have done to an announcer saying, "Jim takes the handoff and he's met at the line by Dick!"

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week6 [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha! Good point

Still. What is this fascination with saying the whole name of JuJu Smith Schuster? I think JuJu is a cool name and wish my Mom had named be thus. Imagine 'JuJu Hawley.' I might have been a contender?

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But when you did some thing wrong you’d be ‘Bad Juju’. Hard to overcome that later in life.

While we’re talking NFL - I realize how old I am when they show pics of Mahomes. He looks to me like he’s about 14 yrs old.
Last edited by: JD21: Oct 14, 18 17:13
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week6 [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
But when you did some thing wrong you’d be ‘Bad Juju’. Hard to overcome that later in life.

While we’re talking NFL - I realize how old I am when they show pics of Mahomes. He looks to me like he’s about 14 yrs old.
I see this with NHL players big-time now, lots of 19-21 year old kids who look like just that: kids. That picture they showed of 5-year old Mahomes with his dad really hit me - it was 2000, I was in college and closer to his dads age than his.

It only gets worse from here too...

Pats looking good at home vs. the Chiefs. Huge night for Boston sports, nothing decided but the right teams are ahead, we'll see how the rest of the night plays out
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week6 [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a game! BP was probably elevated after the 97yd return and the couple of blown coverages. Gave 3 TDs to the chiefs in nearly no time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good night for Boston sports!
Last edited by: CW in NH: Oct 15, 18 5:19
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week6 [CW in NH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CW in NH wrote:
good night for Boston sports!
Hell yeah! And the Celtics - expected to be championship-caliber (at least in the non-Golden State division) - kick their season off tomorrow night. And the Bruins are right in the mix of things, maybe not a title favorite but at least in the mix and if nothing else have the best line in hockey.

It's been nearly two decades and this train keeps rolling, I hope people appreciate what we've seen and are seeing because there'll be a time when the teams are bad again, and at this point half the fanbase doesn't know anything BUT winning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
Go Steelers!

/r

I was at that game. What a cold, wet, miserable way for the Bengals to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Plus I had 1-0 on the weekly squares, so that last second TD cost me $200! :(

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. Rodgers ... is ... a w e s o m e. Those throws on the final drive were ridiculous.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week6 [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ready4Launch wrote:
Wow. Rodgers ... is ... a w e s o m e. Those throws on the final drive were ridiculous.

We Bills fans have Nathan Peterman and his throws on his final two drives were ridiculous as well.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply