Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What does it take to ride 4:09 in Kona? [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Completely different for F1 teams as the equipment is not interfered by a body. It is then easy for other teams to test different shapes etc. Also just because people do something, doesn't mean there is any logic behind it.
By your logic bike manufacturers wouldn't disclose drag numbers, which almost all do.

So tell me how does this make sense since it is impossible for others to replicate the same result even with the exact same equipment.

This logic really makes no sense, it's okay for him and Pinarello to disclose Cam's CdA because it is high?

Cam's CdA is surely not the lowest among the pros, but his w/CdA is def among the top, which is what counts on most courses. Wiggo didn't have a low CdA either, but an outstanding w/CdA.

There are a lot of old standards still being used, one of which is not disclosing training, just because a lot of people still follow these principles doesn't make them reasonable.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: What does it take to ride 4:09 in Kona? [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wiggo, while taller, had a much smaller CdA.

This logic do not make sense for you. OK. It make sense for me.
Quote Reply
Re: What does it take to ride 4:09 in Kona? [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This year's split is better but actually is worse than last year's due to the favorable conditions on saturday. Wurf has been smarter and has improved his run...so, doing 4.09 means training+ good aerodinamycs+ nutrition and genetycs...thats the cocktail. Wurf has been succesful in several sports so the engine is there...

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Re: What does it take to ride 4:09 in Kona? [dirtbag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dirtbag wrote:
Interesting to see his heart rate getting lower and staying lower after about 40km mark.

You can break down the ride on Strava i.e. select certain sections, and it appears that he hammered the first 40 or so kms (310+ watts) to get to the front & then settled in. His last 80k or so were under 280w if memory serves, so it's likely he could have gone a few mins faster.

I'm surprised the Starky dropped off; Wurf must be one strong dude.
Quote Reply
Re: What does it take to ride 4:09 in Kona? [MTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTL wrote:
Cookiebuilder wrote:
yah we are never going to see that Lange wouldn't tell bob his average watts.... So boring! Booooo Lange

Lange rode around 260 watts that all! Target been said in the past that his coach suggest 4.0w/kg do the calculation 63-64kg and you have something between 255-265 watts!

Last years Sanders rode at 4.25watts/kg source: https://www.trainingpeaks.com/...-world-championship/

Even if Patrick would have rode at 4.25watts/kg do the math 64 x 4.25 = 272 watts... so saying something in the area of 255-265 is safe!

Just adding to my comments above... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7C0voETgUc

Listen to Lionel Sanders video at around 8:50-9:20 what pace the packs were moving at around 260 watts that's all people tend to think that they are flying 300ish watts most of the time which is not the case... Yes, usually the first hour of these championship race there's spike of watts in that area 300+ but then it settle down to more manageable average.

I still believe that Patrick was in the 255-265 ball park... it could be 245-250 with all that paceline but will never know excat numbers I guess. Maybe, someone that was riding in Drietz/Lange group will show their number.
Last edited by: MTL: Oct 17, 18 10:14
Quote Reply
Re: What does it take to ride 4:09 in Kona? [MTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to many, also had some tailwind on the return on the Queen K so power #'s I assume will be lower in that case as well.

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next