Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Daniela Ryf and the competition [Don_W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most of the time when GJ "needed" to go with a break, she couldn't. But on the big show she could and that's really all that mattered. No I dont think GJ has "X". I think if she did, she'd never have moved to marathon training. I think she was a thing of beauty on the run that was such a joy to watch, that was able to take advantage of Duffy's lack of run ability.

GJ wasn't really all that much of a better "triathlete" than Sarah if your then extrapolating that to LC non-draft. GJ was the best itu runner ever or top 2. That was her best thing. If by winning that makes her a better "triathlete", thank you capt obvious. But if your looking at how non-draft races are played out and you look at what each can do, GJ wouldn't do well at IM. I think one of the biggest issues is that she never wanted to do that. When you have no desire to do it, you then get crabby/angry/bored/stupid and make bad decisions during training.

And keep in mind, that's not taking anything away from her. I think saying because she won at ITU she would win at IM doesn't understand the sport, they just are looking at end results. She would struggle on the bike and imo would cause her world class run to suddenly be not as affective.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply

Prev Next