Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bravo Matt Russel and other kona notes [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your damned if you do and damned if you don't.

There are guys that didnt do 70.3 worlds but underperformed in kona as well.

This is were athletes and coaches need to learn there abilities and recovery times to make sure things go as well as possible.

Why cant worlds be early June and qualifying happen April1 - March 31.

Make two big events with hopefully all the best.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Bravo Matt Russel and other kona notes [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
Matt is my hero. And how about Angela Naeth who barely qualified to race after two women were DQ'ed at her last race and she snuck in and then finishes in the money.
Agree completely. Matt's story is well known, but not sure how many know what Naeth has dealt with over the past couple of years. Broken foot, which later became infected, multiple surgeries, then Lyme's disease. In my opinion she was primed for a podium that year she broke he foot.

And Matt's race came just 13 days after a 2nd at IM Choo, which qualified him for Kona 2019.

Cody took the spot at Choo, so I don’t believe he’s quailifed yet.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Bravo Matt Russel and other kona notes [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
mbwallis wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
Matt is my hero. And how about Angela Naeth who barely qualified to race after two women were DQ'ed at her last race and she snuck in and then finishes in the money.
Agree completely. Matt's story is well known, but not sure how many know what Naeth has dealt with over the past couple of years. Broken foot, which later became infected, multiple surgeries, then Lyme's disease. In my opinion she was primed for a podium that year she broke he foot.

And Matt's race came just 13 days after a 2nd at IM Choo, which qualified him for Kona 2019.

Men didn't get 2 slots there?
Quote Reply
Re: Bravo Matt Russel and other kona notes [Triathletetoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great performance by Matt. one of the scary parts of the build up to this year's race was all of the crash or crash and comeback stories - Matt, Tim, Starky, and of course Terrenzo (who wasn't able to race). That must be about 5% of the top long course male pros in serious traffic incidents in less than 2 years. Dangerous job.
Quote Reply
Re: Bravo Matt Russel and other kona notes [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:
mbwallis wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

Men didn't get 2 slots there?

Just one slot at non-championship races.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Bravo Matt Russel and other kona notes [Triathletetoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triathletetoth wrote:
BULLSHIT!!! Even Bart's mom didn't have him in the top 3/5..

haha Love it. Cause its true

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Bravo Matt Russel and other kona notes [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
earthling wrote:
Last year David McNamee runs through the field to take 3rd. Nothing..........

This year David McNamee runs through the field to take 3rd. Nothing...........

What does the guy have to do! Maybe he should start training with Lionel Sanders to get some attention ha ha!!

David just needs to speak a version of English 80% of the Triathlon world can understand.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Bravo Matt Russel and other kona notes [heartpatient] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heartpatient wrote:
tri-mag.de had Bart Aernout as a contender for top 5 in their pre-race check: https://tri-mag.de/...n-im-check-146177/19

They had pretty much everyone as a top 5 contender
Quote Reply
Re: Bravo Matt Russel and other kona notes [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I have been hit 3 times. I know what it takes to come back. It isn't easy and I wasn't ever close what these guys went through.

I think why we see so many hits at the top level is. Drivers Don't understand we can go that fast. They make mistakes that cost riders. they believe they can make the left, or I have room to pass before that truck, etc.

You could include Frodo too. He was hit and don't think that it didn't lead to possibly the hip fracture as I doubt he took his foot off the pedal to properly rebuild.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply

Prev Next