Hahah. So Lee Corso says of Wisc's chances today!? We shall see

Who ya got this SAT?

Go Army Beat San Jose State

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Slim n None--CFB WK7 [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well shit! After talking smack earlier on SC Lee Corso goes ahead and dons the Bucky Head favoring Wisc over Michigan today. So I guess I'm in with Lee on this

Go Army Beat the Spartans!

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shouldn't you be watching Ironman Hawaii? :)
Quote Reply
Re: Slim n None--CFB WK7 [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waat?

is peter racing lori today somewhere?

Steve
Last edited by: Steve Hawley: Oct 13, 18 9:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Michigan of course.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I loves me some Bucky, but, my Badgers are gonna get beaten - badly - tonight. Alex Hornibrook is a terrible QB, but, the biggest issue is that Bucky just lost way too many guys from that killer D of a year ago. I'll be pulling for them, but, I'll likely be 3 sheets to the wind after self-medicating to keep from losing my mind watching my Brewers try to take down the Dodgers for a second day in a row.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Slim n None--CFB WK7 [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Counselor

dont bend the conv towards baseball. This is to talk to this weeks' Cfootball.

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Brewers try to take down the Dodgers for a second day in a row.
Hoping for a Brewers-stros World Series.
Then being an NL guy I have to throw in with the Brew Crew
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was interesting to watch #15 and #12 play. They are miles apart from the skill level of Bama and maybe even OSU.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Slim n None--CFB WK7 [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
It was interesting to watch #15 and #12 play. They are miles apart from the skill level of Bama and maybe even OSU.

No doubt. I was listening to one of the college football shows a couple weeks ago. They went through Bama's depth chart. They have 5 star backup to 5 star starters. In fact, at some positions, their 3rd stringer is a 4 star recruit. Most people, even avid college football fans, fail to recognize the number of substitutions some teams (like Bama) make during a game. They are throwing fresh 4 and 5 star recruits against your 3 and 4 star guys who have to play most (if not all) the game. It almost isn't fair.

What's amazing is, Michigan gets those 4 and 5 star recruits (albeit not as many as Bama) and still has underperformed under Hard-paw. On the flip side, Wisconsin is operating with 0-3 star recruits and has consistently won 10+ games. But, it a little demoralizing when you sit back and realize your team (Buck in my case) simply has no shot at the title b/c the talent level is so scewed.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
But, it a little demoralizing when you sit back and realize your team (Buck in my case) simply has no shot at the title b/c the talent level is so scewed.
What will it be like when college "student athletes" start getting paid? I expect some schools with a lot of wealthy boosters will have an even greater edge than the Alabamas have now.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought CFB meant Canadian Forces Base. Was expecting another one of your Canuck hating posts. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
But, it a little demoralizing when you sit back and realize your team (Buck in my case) simply has no shot at the title b/c the talent level is so scewed.

Thank the championship. You are seeing the end or big divide in College football. Its bad enough we have the power 5 conferences. The championship is making the can's and the can not's right now. Michigan is fighting to make it into the can's list. But down the road there will be oh say 10 teams that will fight for the 4 spots, and the top recruits will all want to go there. Which will make them winners and further support them being a can. It's possible we are nearly there and don't see it. we have had 16 slots and 9 teams take them. We are still at small numbers but will be interesting to see in the next 4 yrs how many new teams get in??

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Slim n None--CFB WK7 [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
JSA wrote:
What will it be like when college "student athletes" start getting paid? I expect some schools with a lot of wealthy boosters will have an even greater edge than the Alabamas have now.

Agreed. It will be the same inequities in talent, just skewed differently.

Quote Reply
Re: Slim n None--CFB WK7 [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. I never thought I would see a downside to the playoffs but I sure am. The non-playoff bowls are now meaningless. I heard that argument in past years and disagreed with it. But now I am in that camp, especially with players sitting out of bowl games.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
jkca1 wrote:

No doubt. I was listening to one of the college football shows a couple weeks ago. They went through Bama's depth chart. They have 5 star backup to 5 star starters. In fact, at some positions, their 3rd stringer is a 4 star recruit. Most people, even avid college football fans, fail to recognize the number of substitutions some teams (like Bama) make during a game. They are throwing fresh 4 and 5 star recruits against your 3 and 4 star guys who have to play most (if not all) the game. It almost isn't fair.

What's amazing is, Michigan gets those 4 and 5 star recruits (albeit not as many as Bama) and still has underperformed under Hard-paw. On the flip side, Wisconsin is operating with 0-3 star recruits and has consistently won 10+ games. But, it a little demoralizing when you sit back and realize your team (Buck in my case) simply has no shot at the title b/c the talent level is so scewed.

What's even more amazing about Bama is the huge turnover in coaching staff (almost every year one or more of Saban's coaches are snatched up by another program) and players (NFL draft) yet they continue to kick ass. Also, being blessed with a huge number of 4 and 5 star recruits does not work for everyone. That's A LOT of ego on the line and a coach has to know how to manage them and make them work as a team and not "me me me". Saban does that year after year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well Ala athletic director announced the return of playing "Dixieland Delight" which was last heard at the '14 Ironbowl. I'm sure the student body will throw in the extra "Fuck Auburn" stanza as per usual.

Steve
Quote Reply