Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Di2 hack not working...help
Quote | Reply
I bought some di2 sprinter shifters (R610) to have on my aero extension bars. I wanted to have a set up similar to the Sram etap blips and remove the bar end shifters. As the plugs on sprinters are different to the normal e-tube wires, i also purchase a standard di2 wire, cut it in half, spliced the wires and twitch them to the same colored wires on the shifters. It all seem to be going to plan until i hooked it all up....then nothing. The e-tube app on my computer didn't recognize them either.

Am i trying make the impossible possible? What am i missing? As the wires on the shifters are a little thinner than the standard e-tube wires, would that be the problem? I dont want to bin these new shifters so if anyone can help it would be great!
Last edited by: sjc166: Oct 12, 18 19:29
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 hack not working...help [sjc166] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sjc166 wrote:
I bought some di2 sprinter shifters (R610) to have on my aero extension bars. I wanted to have a set up similar to the Sram etap blips and remove the bar end shifters. As the plugs on sprinters are different to the normal e-tube wires, i also purchase a standard di2 wire, cut it in half, spliced the wires and twitch them to the same colored wires on the shifters. It all seem to be going to plan until i hooked it all up....then nothing. The e-tube app on my computer didn't recognize them either.

Am i trying make the impossible possible? What am i missing? As the wires on the shifters are a little thinner than the standard e-tube wires, would that be the problem? I dont want to bin these new shifters so if anyone can help it would be great!

The 610 sprinter switches have to be plugged directly into a brifter. They are “dumb” switches and do not have a CANBUS chip in them so they can’t be seen by the e-tube software.

See compatibility chart here: http://e-tubeproject.shimano.com/...M-CC.3.4.0-00-EN.pdf
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 hack not working...help [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As noted above, the sprint shifters won’t work unless plugged into an STI.

Get the climbing shifter which will work as you want it, plugs directly into the junction box. They’re only a bit bigger than the sprint shifters
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 hack not working...help [Stevie_A] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stevie_A wrote:
As noted above, the sprint shifters won’t work unless plugged into an STI.

Get the climbing shifter which will work as you want it, plugs directly into the junction box. They’re only a bit bigger than the sprint shifters

Dont get the climbers, what you've got is ok but what you have to do now is splice into your extension bar shifters and splice into those wires to get interaction... as previously stated, the 610 are dumb shifters and cannot relay the information they receive when you press the button. If you splice into the aerobar shifters then it'll work.

Do you have the single button or dual button aerobar shifters? Itll be easier if you have the older single button or newer single button.

Or you can do as I did and use the satellite shifters to work for you and they can be used individually into the system

If you for any other questions just let me know

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 hack not working...help [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your suggestion will only work if i keep the bar end shifters....right? I wanted to get rid of them all together. If the climbing shifters will work perhaps i can streamline them a a bit and just keep the button and have them sit under the bar tape. I will do a bit more home work.
Thanks for the help anyway, much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 hack not working...help [sjc166] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't matter what you decide to do or place em at... you M-U-S-T splice them into another set of shifters in order for the 610s to work.

It is best to use the 9160 aerobar shifters then splice the wire from the 610s into the 9160s.

You avoid the bulkiness and continue to have shifters everywhere you want them... I used the 9160s and on the aerobars and the satellite shifters on the bullhorns with great success.

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply