Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wireless speakers
Quote | Reply
Been posts on this in the past, but they are years old.

Was wanting to get 2 or 3 for the house. Looking at the Sonos Play 1, they are about $135 each on Amazon.

Anyone have other recommendations for better value speakers? I'm not looking to spend more $$. I've tried a few sony and others bluetooth speakers as single speakers, and they are OK.

One requirement is that the 2-3 speakers will all need to be connected together to play all at once. So the speakers need to have an option to link together.

On a related topic, what's up with Sonos on Craigslist? I was searching to see if I could find some used ones, and they are all selling for $150-200 each, even though I can get brand new ones on Amazon for $135.
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless speakers [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My entire house is wired Sonos. Best decision I ever made.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have Sonos. I would not look elsewhere.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently purchased the newly released Amazon Echo subwoofer. I have it paired to two Amazon Echo Gen 2 devices. The sound is simply incredible. With the Gen 2, you can now pair multiple Echo devices for stereo (L and R) play. You can also sync all your Alexa devices. We have the Show in the kitchen paired to a hidden subwoofer and a Dot in the living room connected to an audio system. So, we can play music simultaneously throughout the house. We have an Amazon music subscription. I have yet to ask Alexa to play a song she does not have. It is simply awesome. Any music, any song, any time, any room, all voice controlled.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sonos does exactly what you are talking about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have two sonos play 1s for my garage. The sound is good and they will do what you want. Everything has to go through their app. The app sucks. If you want to use your tv with them the options are a bit limited too.

I bought one of mine as an open item at Best Buy for about 99 it works fine. I would look into that. Ooi

To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave.

Reach high, think big, work hard, have fun.
Last edited by: Number2: Oct 12, 18 21:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently went with a Definitive Technologies W7 WiFi speaker for a small room. From my internet research, it appeared the DT sound quality is better than Sonos, but app side of things not as polished. It uses the PlayFi system, so you're not locked in to one brand/manufacturer, therefore you have the ability to pair any speaker that uses PlayFi. I use this speaker differently to most & liked that it also has an Aux In, which I use as the main source for my tunes.
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless speakers [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
100% agree

In every room

Can be used together or seperately
Quote Reply