Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bike Rack [TurtleMan77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TurtleMan77 wrote:
I have a 1up, but wouldn't buy it a second time. I like a lot about it, but the tilt feature for getting the bike out of the way when opening the tailgate is the worst design possible. It is simply unusable. I had to tie a piece of clothesline to the release just so I can move it from level to the up position for saving space in parking lots etc. Tilting the bike to open the tailgate is near impossible. I have get on my knees to get to the release just to lower it. Getting it back up is damn near impossible. While I like the tray design and holding me hanism, I definitely would not buy one again.

How many trays are you using? I run mine with three and it is annoying to tilt but not that bad. That said I was wondering if with four it was even possible to reach the release.

I love my rack overall and take it off and put it on multiple times a week in the summer. I love that empty I can rotate it up to fit in parking spots. Three is pretty heavy and hard to move around. I bet the four sleds version is a beast.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Rack [trifantasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1-UP FTW.

All the guys I MTB with have them, and mine (single) works for anything from TT bike w/ 23's, to trail MTB with 2.35's with zero issues.

(I'd need an adapter for my fatty, but I don't transport that very often, and it fits inside my Sportwagen, so I just do that for those odd times.)

We got a KUAT Transfer 3 bike rack for family trips, which was about the same $ as one extra 1-UP bike add-on.
(so, naturally a lot cheaper than going for a 3-bike setup w/ 1-UP)

As has been said, I leave my 1-UP on most of the time, and it's as unobtrusive as a rack possibly could be.

They are spendy, but worth it.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Bike Rack [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks - I just ordered the EZ Pull.

My P5 is 54 . . . how is the speed box attached? Feel free to PM me offline.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Rack [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where the 1up really shines is in the single tray configuration. 90% of the time, I'm only hauling one bike and leave it that way all the time. The additional trays are so easy to add I only have them on if I'm using them.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Rack [trifantasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yet another vote for 1 UP USA - I have the two rack with 2 extensions - total 4 bikes and it is rock solid - I also bought the 4 rack EZ pull but when I use it in the 2 bike form it needed an additional 2 bike handle - kinda frustrating but - again it is a fantastic bike rack.

Hope this helps

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Rack [feman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody know if 1 Up usually has any Black Friday sales?
Quote Reply

Prev Next