Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How "smart" is your home? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All you guys with cameras in every room of the house, how do you beat off without the wife watching?
Quote Reply
Re: How "smart" is your home? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
I keep my smartphones in a tray near the front door. I have a home wifi network. That's it. I have no need or desire to added doorways into my private life to companies or people who are determined to hack into a network or devices. Not sure why I would need or want to have cameras and microphones everywhere which would serve to build a reality TV show of my life.

Eventually, it would be nice to clean up the wiring and functionality of lights, thermostat, etc, but I have no particular need to have any of that connected online.

Maybe you can explain something to me. I was looking up medicinal marijuana info on another site and magically an ad appeared for the same topic to the right of this thread. I would really like to understand how this happened here. It's like you have a doorway into my private life....and a bit scary.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: How "smart" is your home? [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WiFi only.

Considering adding a security camera on doorway and back porch in the future.

But I have zero reason/need to smartify my thermostat, lights, sound system and whatever else people are saying we need to hook into in the Internet of Things eco-sphere

Quote Reply
Re: How "smart" is your home? [North] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
North wrote:
All you guys with cameras in every room of the house, how do you beat off without the wife watching?

Why do you assume they don't want to watch..
Quote Reply
Re: How "smart" is your home? [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All NEST

3 thermostats
4 smoke and co2 detectors
A Yale+NEST door lock
Secure (basic)
Front door camera
Back yard camera

We also have an internet connected sprinkler control unit.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply

Prev Next