Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stupidest on Earth - CNN and Weather Channel Reporters
Quote | Reply
Just waiting for a stop sign to wack one of these idiots standing in a Cat 4 hurricaine.
Quote Reply
Re: Stupidest on Earth - CNN and Weather Channel Reporters [chill-out] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well .... they thank you for watching.
Quote Reply
Re: Stupidest on Earth - CNN and Weather Channel Reporters [chill-out] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are trying to be the story instead of reporting on it.

The other really enjoyable part of the hurricane season is the non-information informational reports from the Governor, Mayor, Head of the local FEMA office, Coast guard and last but certainly not least, the sign-language interpreter. It goes on for about 30 minutes and essentially used to inform the public how great the government is working on your behalf. This is repeated every hour for days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Stupidest on Earth - CNN and Weather Channel Reporters [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
30 minutes and essentially used to inform the public how great the government is working on your behalf.

Yeah, when had the big fire here last year the daily 4pm press conference was nothing but a giant circle jerk of government officials patting each other on the back.

Meanwhile the largest fire in CA history is burning out of control, its size, scope and most importantly its origin are because of government incompetence.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Stupidest on Earth - CNN and Weather Channel Reporters [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stupid weatherman faking it from hurricane Florence:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_c-g7WmnvH0

Quote Reply
Re: Stupidest on Earth - CNN and Weather Channel Reporters [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At 150 mph winds, no faking required.
Quote Reply
Re: Stupidest on Earth - CNN and Weather Channel Reporters [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure it really was a Category 4. The NWS was saying 155 mph sustained winds with 175 mph gusts. The highest recorded gust I have seen is 128 from Tyndall AFB which is where the worst of the storm, the right side of the eyewall, passed over. So, they overstated the velocities by nearly 50 mph. This seems to be a trend more and more so in recent years.
Quote Reply
Re: Stupidest on Earth - CNN and Weather Channel Reporters [nc452010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nc452010 wrote:

Your reply makes no sense with respect to the clip I llinked. Did you watch it?

Quote Reply
Re: Stupidest on Earth - CNN and Weather Channel Reporters [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

This one is pretty funny because they tried to defend it by saying Cooper wasn't standing in a ditch and that the camera is on a scaffold. It may be. But there are no other cattails anywhere in view. So it may not have been a ditch, but it was the lowest damn spot he could find.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Michelle Kosinski is hot, and sultry sounding in that canoe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:
nc452010 wrote:

My reply was to no one in particular. I just meant that way too many underestimated this storm.

Sorry if that was unclear.
Quote Reply
Re: Stupidest on Earth - CNN and Weather Channel Reporters [nc452010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nc452010 wrote:
Endo wrote:
nc452010 wrote:

My reply was to no one in particular. I just meant that way too many underestimated this storm.

Sorry if that was unclear.

Underestimate?

My radio is going wall to wall hurricane coverage with exclamations like “biggest ever!” “Unprecedented!” and “We need add a Catagory 6 for this one!!!!!”

And this is local Southern California radio.....

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Stupidest on Earth - CNN and Weather Channel Reporters [nosmo king] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nosmo king wrote:
Not sure it really was a Category 4. The NWS was saying 155 mph sustained winds with 175 mph gusts. The highest recorded gust I have seen is 128 from Tyndall AFB which is where the worst of the storm, the right side of the eyewall, passed over. So, they overstated the velocities by nearly 50 mph. This seems to be a trend more and more so in recent years.

Are you saying that NOAA is lying?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. Underestimated.

Way too many people stayed put.

They underestimated this storm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It intestified so much so fast...
Quote Reply
Re: Stupidest on Earth - CNN and Weather Channel Reporters [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
nosmo king wrote:

People are saying George Soros paid them to say that.

Quote Reply
Re: Stupidest on Earth - CNN and Weather Channel Reporters [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
klehner wrote:
nosmo king wrote:

People are saying George Soros paid them to say that.

I hope they got paid in advance.

For those here long enough to remember, Art Franke disbelieved the wind reports for one hurricane, claiming that the winds never reached hurricane strength. Of course, he disbelieved pretty much everything that pointed to climate change.

Ah, the good old days.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never have been very interested in wall to wall natural disaster coverage but the NHC has some pretty cool satellite imagery.
Quote Reply
Re: Stupidest on Earth - CNN and Weather Channel Reporters [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Remember the actual number of miles sustaining these max winds is pretty small. Also this bastard is moving along, which is fortunate.
Quote Reply
Re: Stupidest on Earth - CNN and Weather Channel Reporters [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:

This one is pretty funny because they tried to defend it by saying Cooper wasn't standing in a ditch and that the camera is on a scaffold. It may be. But there are no other cattails anywhere in view. So it may not have been a ditch, but it was the lowest damn spot he could find.

It’s funny you choose this pic as AC put put an epic beat down of those who tried to use it against him. Look it up. He absolutely embarrassed people who took it out of context.
Quote Reply
Re: Stupidest on Earth - CNN and Weather Channel Reporters [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:

It’s funny you choose this pic as AC put put an epic beat down of those who tried to use it against him. Look it up. He absolutely embarrassed people who took it out of context.

The meme of Anderson faking the severity of flood during “Florence” is “true but not accurate”.

:)

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Stupidest on Earth - CNN and Weather Channel Reporters [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:

I have no problems with AC. And I know what he claimed in his denial. I also know that I see one place where there are cattails and willows. And I know cattails and willows grow where waters stands. And water stands in the lowest place around.

He may not have been standing in a ditch, but he wasn't standing in the middle of the road like they tried to pretend either.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply