Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [nchristi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mean the NBC app not Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [Stelvio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some Macs do have an HDMI port, but many of the newer, smaller ones do not and require the Mini Display Port to HDMI adapter. //

SO I got my adapter and tried it out on the tv and it works!!! Cost twice as much at target as amazon, but since I waited so long, amazon was not an option. SO for anyone with a Mac without an HDMI port, it is 20 bucks at target..
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going in work for Overtime tommorow night, so I will quite literally be being paid time and a half to sit there and watch Kona live all night.

Double when its 00:00 as it hits Sunday morning...

Anyway being paid to watch it?
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Firestick with Facebook app on big tv. May switch to laptop if college football games are good. IM tracker on phone, and slowtwitch thread on iPad.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No Facebook yuck!

NBC sports free app

iPhone mirroring

3 year old Apple TV device

70” TV
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyway being paid to watch it? //

Does collecting a pension and SSI count as pay? I do hope to make a nice little profit on the actual race, so I will let you know how my bets go, that will definitely be getting paid..(-;
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [TDOT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be watching with my best setup yet! On Ali'i drive! Was able to parlay my honeymoon into a trip to watch the big race.

“The answer is hard work. What are you doing on Christmas Eve? Are you riding your bike? January 1st – are you riding your bike?”- Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skyline Chili wrote:
Jackets wrote:
What time does this start UK time? Facebook is my only option to watch this in the UK?

It’s the ONLY option to watch it worldwide.

That sucks. I'm not on Facebook, don't intent to be on Facebook, so I guess I'm not watching Kona this year.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
I'm gonna hook up my laptop to my TV in the living room. I have a 3 hour ride planned, so I'm putting Zwift on the laptop screen and the race on the TV.

Same here - have the Zwift Kona Mission waiting for me.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Anna s: Oct 13, 18 0:08
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have any bank cards at the moment so can't bet online, see if they've put it on in any shops today.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anna s wrote:
Skyline Chili wrote:
Jackets wrote:
What time does this start UK time? Facebook is my only option to watch this in the UK?

No it's not, the German television channel ZDF have a live stream from 18:25 CET and then show the race on television from midnight. I think it's the only television channel worlwide to show this race live, has been for years. So, as I'm in Germany this is my set up :-)

A German channel is not a worldwide option.
FB and the NBC Spotts App is.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
Skyline Chili wrote:
Jackets wrote:

That sucks. I'm not on Facebook, don't intent to be on Facebook, so I guess I'm not watching Kona this year.

How did you watch it last year?
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I usually watch it via ironman.com, either via the laptop to tv or just on the laptop. I don't think I watched it last year as I was travelling with work.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timtek wrote:
Will watch it at home on the 27" iMac until about 3p when I have to go to my nephew's birthday party. Then I'll watch as much as I can on my iPad.

When I tried to get on my ipad, it said I need Adobe Flash Player. Then when I tried downloading that, it said ipads don't support adobe flash player. Is there a way around this?
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [THRILLHO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just tested mine successfully. Facebook app, iOS 12, Ironman Now fb page.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm watching the Facebook feed on Ironman Now... on the home media PC, so on our main TV. Family has abandoned me for non-triathlon entertainment. My dog Tinley is still watching with me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This broadcast proves
1. Most people are old on this forum
2. Can’t internet
3. Have really crappy routers/configurations/service
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unable to stream from ironman on the US VPN so facebook the only option - which means NO TIME SHIFT. I'd have got up at 3am if I'd known in advance, but since I didn't a very frustrating day, fcking facebook really took the pleasure out of some otherwise excellent racing (we won't dwell on the commentary...)
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FB Live worked well for most part. The cutover from part 1 to part 2 of the broadcast resulted in the feed not working for anyone for a few mins and towards the end of the race the live feed would visibly cutout but the commentary would be still audible. All in all, this worked well.

Oh yeah and a huge fuck you to NBC for cutting the broadcast out after 2 hours and showing an antique car/tractor competition instead. What in the actual shit...

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I watched it successfully for a while, then had a huge fail when I tried watching it while riding Zwift. I was getting in my last 26 out of 112 miles to be in the drawing for that Shiv. It simply wouldn't run both at the same time. It was early in the marathon, so I got my Zwift miles done and then got back on the facebooks when I finished. Anybody else finally get both running at the same time?
Last edited by: ZenTriBrett: Oct 13, 18 21:14
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, the Facebook live feed peaked I think at 60k...which is crazy when I think about it. How do those numbers not get you at least 4 hours on a network? That's sellable.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply

Prev Next