Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

UFC 230 - DC v. Lewis, Nov 3
Quote | Reply
So ...

We have a main event for UFC 230 on Nov 3. DC will fight Derrick Lewis for the Heavyweight Title.

Hopefully Lewis' balls will be cooled down by then ...

But, here is what I don't understand. Lewis has a busted up back. They talked about it this past weekend during UFC 229 on Oct 6. He KO'd Alexander Volkov with 30 seconds left, after he had been beaten up for nearly 3 full rounds. Now, he is going to turn around and, in less than a month, go 5 rounds with DC.

That's crazy! He's going to get his ass kicked!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: UFC 230 - DC v. Lewis, Nov 3 [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd rather DC fight Lennox Lewis, even if he is 53.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He won't fight Lewis. I have a feeling that they can't just give Brock or Jon Jones a title shot with Stipe wanting a rematch, so they'll sell the fight as Lewis vs DC then two weeks out Lewis pulls out for X reason and one of them will be lined up to replace him for the main event. Ticket sales and PPV Buys skyrocket, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find his fights boring. He either lands that one punch or he doesn’t in between staring at each other more minutes on end.

He got his ass kicked but landed that one punch. He took longer to get up off the canvas after his victory than the guy he knocked out. He should take the time to heal his back and get his fitness squared away but the $s are calling, I suppose.
Quote Reply
Re: UFC 230 - DC v. Lewis, Nov 3 [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I first got into watching the UFC, I was only interested in watching the heavy weight fights. I suppose because of boxing, the heavy weight division seemed to get all the attention. Tyson, Ali, Hollyfield, Foreman etc. Also, in the early days, they only had two divisions and the heavy weights seemed to get more attention vs the light weights. Now, I find the heavy weights boring to watch, while every other division below welterweight is more exciting. I look forward to watching the super lightweights (165lbs) in the coming years.
Quote Reply
Re: UFC 230 - DC v. Lewis, Nov 3 [matt_cycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
matt_cycles wrote:
He won't fight Lewis. I have a feeling that they can't just give Brock or Jon Jones a title shot with Stipe wanting a rematch, so they'll sell the fight as Lewis vs DC then two weeks out Lewis pulls out for X reason and one of them will be lined up to replace him for the main event. Ticket sales and PPV Buys skyrocket, etc.

I like this conspiracy theory. However, I think they know they screwed up announcing the last 230 headliner with Shevchenko and this was a good, short notice alternative. Lewis’s stock has never been this high and let’s face it, he’s not championship material with a healthy back and decent cardio. He is going to get mauled by DC, but he got some cheddar and I think he is at peace with that.
Quote Reply
Re: UFC 230 - DC v. Lewis, Nov 3 [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
matt_cycles wrote:

I like this conspiracy theory. However, I think they know they screwed up announcing the last 230 headliner with Shevchenko and this was a good, short notice alternative. Lewis’s stock has never been this high and let’s face it, he’s not championship material with a healthy back and decent cardio. He is going to get mauled by DC, but he got some cheddar and I think he is at peace with that.

That's possible as well, but I don't see how Lewis is even cleared for this fight. He got rocked for 14:30 before his lucky haymaker to turn the fight. Maybe they are cashing in on one of the best post fight interviews I've seen in a while, but we'll see.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure anyone wants to see this fight. I'd rather watch DC fight two fly weight fighters at the same time.
Quote Reply