Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Felt IA Discs [ARA18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ARA18 wrote:
what kinds of drawbacks? im considering buying the new ia disc and would like to know any experience from felt users

drawback of the AR, the IA is just great in my experience. The AR is nearly great.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Felt IA Discs [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like he is using the dagger stem which is longer than the stock integrated stem, right? Not sure..

Like the paint job too!
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Felt IA Discs [jayski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jayski wrote:
ARA18 wrote:
what kinds of drawbacks? im considering buying the new ia disc and would like to know any experience from felt users

drawback of the AR, the IA is just great in my experience. The AR is nearly great.

I mean, both suffer from the 3T splined rail holder. Other than that...

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Felt IA Discs [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tessar wrote:
I mean, both suffer from the 3T splined rail holder. Other than that...
Not the new IA.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
whats your issue with teh 3t seat clamp? i really like it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trent is right...no more 3T clamp. Honestly, I had no problem with it. I'm still trying to decide if I Iike the new one.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Felt IA Discs [Viper966] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Viper966 wrote:

Apart from being super-finicky to get the angle right (disassemble, hope you turned the splines the right way, reassemble), the thread seemed to be made of butter. Every adjustment, either by the fitter, by experienced mechanics as well as home mechanics, left us with a cold sweat and fears of "will be ever get this tightened or do we need to cut a bigger thread into it?". Felt themselves admitted it's not, uh, the most sturdy of mechanisms. I never had a problem with single-bolt clamps in the style of Ritchey or the Speed Concept head, so I don't see the reason to over-complicate and reduce adjustment granularity with splines.

Good to hear it's gone. Hope the seatpost with the new mechanism will fit the older IAx models, I'll seriously consider upgrading.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Felt IA Discs [Viper966] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Viper966 wrote:

I have a P5 and my gf has an IA. I also much prefer the IA clamp. Super easy to adjust the angle just right and there's no chance of misalignment or shifting while you're tightening.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Felt IA Discs [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So my 2011 B12 is really starting to look dated. I’d love an IA but I fit so well on my B12 and we’ve been through so much together.

As for disc brakes....maybe it’s my riding style....but who’s using their brakes so much that they need disc? Road bikes and mountain bikes make sense...I guess I’m missing why this is needed ion a triathlon bike.

The only time I’ve locked my brakes was when a car disobeyed a police officer and tried to cross the street. I went from 25+’mph to 0 so fast my handlebars actually moved downward from the pressure. Stopped one inch from going over the cars hood. Out side of that I’ve never really had a hard brake need.

Quote | Reply
Economist wrote:
So my 2011 B12 is really starting to look dated. I’d love an IA but I fit so well on my B12 and we’ve been through so much together.

As for disc brakes....maybe it’s my riding style....but who’s using their brakes so much that they need disc? Road bikes and mountain bikes make sense...I guess I’m missing why this is needed ion a triathlon bike.

The only time I’ve locked my brakes was when a car disobeyed a police officer and tried to cross the street. I went from 25+’mph to 0 so fast my handlebars actually moved downward from the pressure. Stopped one inch from going over the cars hood. Out side of that I’ve never really had a hard brake need.

I agree. There are a few "convenience" reasons for disc in a TT bike...like your road bike is a disc and you want to interchange wheels etc, but as far as making a bike faster (which it doesn't) or needing to stop faster on a tri bike (which is does...just a tad) I'm not seeing the need.

I think bikes are at the point where things get gimmicky. Aero is maxed out, storage is maxed out, looks are a matter of opinion, but bike manufactures feel the need to change the bike every year and disc's are just another way to do that and make bike component companies happy. There are a few bike makers that just change paint jobs but keep the bike the same for a few years, which is probably a smart business model.

There will be no real tech change until some new frame material is developed. Everything else has basically already been done......except to make the damn things cheaper.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Felt IA Discs [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scottxs wrote:
Economist wrote:

I agree. There are a few "convenience" reasons for disc in a TT bike...like your road bike is a disc and you want to interchange wheels etc, but as far as making a bike faster (which it doesn't) or needing to stop faster on a tri bike (which is does...just a tad) I'm not seeing the need.

I think bikes are at the point where things get gimmicky. Aero is maxed out, storage is maxed out, looks are a matter of opinion, but bike manufactures feel the need to change the bike every year and disc's are just another way to do that and make bike component companies happy. There are a few bike makers that just change paint jobs but keep the bike the same for a few years, which is probably a smart business model.

There will be no real tech change until some new frame material is developed. Everything else has basically already been done......except to make the damn things cheaper.

Add to the list 12-speed. One of the most ridiculous 'upgrades' bike manufacturers have come up with. Even 11-speed is unneeded since you can get the same gearing ratio with 10speed.

Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
I agree. My $0.02 though, the Cervelo P-4-5 appears to be the winner from the photos I've seen of it.

Where are these photos you speak of??
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Felt IA Discs [ltc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone already seen the dagger stem cover with the Garmin mount?

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This picture in particular is very striking to me. It appears there will be a purpose-built aero bottle for the downtube as well. I'm optimistic for the prospects of this bike. However, I'm not optimistic about the price 😂 It appears that most of these bikes are debuting in the $8,000-14,000 range and that's just nuts to me. Giant will probably re-tool their Trinity for disc brakes. If they keep their current price points they'll be the big winner this go around (the Trinity's biggest deficiency was/is its brakes).

Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Felt IA Discs [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why are you talking about a purpose build aero bottle for the downtube ?

From this picture I see a normal bottle (800ml) in a normal cage, at the usual place. Make sense, for TT you just stick the usual Elite Aero bottle, and for training the usual standart cage for 500ml/800ml bottle. And for Tri, nothing, bottle being hidden between arms and behind saddle.

I'm missing something ?
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Felt IA Discs [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look back in the thread. You can clearly see in one of the photos an aero bottle specifically made for the P-4-5 or whatever Cervelo is calling this bike.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Felt IA Discs [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On the P5 disk thread, OK.

Hopefully, it is not a bottle, but a bento box for repair equipment.

On these bikes (P5, P3, P2, ...) we know where to put bottles (between arms and behind saddle) and bento for gels/bars (behind stem or monopost), but a place for repair is missing.

Hopefully I could buy and place on my P3 also ?
But not sure i could, as the P5 disk seem to have a more "carved" BB box.
Quote Reply

Prev Next