Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My new puppy, Bow
Quote | Reply

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: My new puppy, Bow [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too cute.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great looking little pup!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We tried going to the pounds, but they kept turning us away, so we went to Craigslist.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:
We tried going to the pounds, but they kept turning us away, so we went to Craigslist.

Huh?

Good looking pup!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice one! Need more photos!

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aww! wookit the tiny ears!

bow as in the thing you make with ribbons or the front of a boat?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awwwwwwww...

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: My new puppy, Bow [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or Bow as in Bow-wow?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:

The rescues can be a pain in the ass. I draw the line at home visits. I was considering a breeder because they got so intrusive.

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Such a wonderful pup! Take care of him (her?) :)
Quote Reply
Re: My new puppy, Bow [sslothrop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sslothrop wrote:
Nova wrote:

The rescues can be a pain in the ass. I draw the line at home visits. I was considering a breeder because they got so intrusive.

The direction they are moving does not save more animals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to work out what breed Bow is? Looks almost like a little bit of Labrador in there?

Great looking dog and cool name. But how are you pronouncing it?

Blog: http://www.coopstriblog.wordpress.com
Latest blog: Setting Goals. With or Without Gin.
Date: 10/31/2017
Quote Reply
Re: My new puppy, Bow [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
sslothrop wrote:
Nova wrote:

The direction they are moving does not save more animals.

I do occasional home visits for a Great Pyrenees rescue group. I think for that breed they are a very good idea. People don't always appreciate what they are getting into with a flock guardian breed. It is not all that infrequent that after meeting my dogs they decide that they are more dog than they anticipated.

We have also come across people in a visit that I wouldn't give a dog to on a bet. A lot of rescue groups work with people over the internet. And you don't get a feel for them unless you meet them face to face. A lot of people take owning a dog very casually and look at the dog as disposable. You need to weed those people out. A home visit helps that. This means you catch the shit people but make the good owners feel a little put out.

I go back and forth on rescue groups. I have worked with the same group doing visits and dog transport for 10'ish years. On one hand I think they do great work.

On the other hand when we were getting our current dogs we worked through a breeder because we wanted to make sure we had healthy well-bred dogs after running into health problems with to consecutive dogs that were not carefully bred. You don't really know what you are getting when you get a dog out of a rescue or shelter. I work with a rescue group but I think a quality breeder is actually a better idea when getting a dog.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome. Enjoy!

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I didn’t disappear, just got really busy.

It’s Bow, as in the thing on a present.

It’s been 3 days and I’m over puppy. She’s a good dog, but puppies are very messy creatures. :)

Quote Reply