Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Questions for rowers
Quote | Reply
I have access to a row machine and am going to incorporate it into my workouts, but literally don't know where to start. I have watched a few videos on youtube but would prefer ST rower feedback. I will post a video here shortly for tips on form and just wonder a few things:

1. What should I be thinking about as I row...form wise? Tight core the whole time, use legs, keep back straight etc??? Or maybe its as simple as don't overthink it, just pull the dang bar to my chest....??? I am looking for thought tips since this will be my first foray into this machine that I have read/heard nothing but good things about.
2. Initially how do you recommend I should I start...for time? For distance?
3. How often per week to see an impact...2X week? 3? Just something every day?
4. How hard/easy should I make the tension?
5. Any good plans you can recommend like a BarryP running type thing (which I am also starting shortly)?

I am sure I have several blind spots on this topic, so any resources/feedback/tips are welcome.

Thank you.
Last edited by: maninthearena: Oct 9, 18 9:40
Quote Reply
Re: Questions for rowers [maninthearena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll probably find this thread useful.
Quote Reply
Re: Questions for rowers [maninthearena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maninthearena wrote:
I have access to a row machine and am going to incorporate it into my workouts, but literally don't know where to start. I have watched a few videos on youtube but would prefer ST rower feedback. I will post a video here shortly for tips on form and just wonder a few things:

1. What should I be thinking about as I row...form wise? Tight core the whole time, use legs, keep back straight etc??? Or maybe its as simple as don't overthink it, just pull the dang bar to my chest....??? I am looking for thought tips since this will be my first foray into this machine that I have read/heard nothing but good things about.
2. Initially how do you recommend I should I start...for time? For distance?
3. How often per week to see an impact...2X week? 3? Just something every day?
4. How hard/easy should I make the tension?
5. Any good plans you can recommend like a BarryP running type thing (which I am also starting shortly)?

I am sure I have several blind spots on this topic, so any resources/feedback/tips are welcome.

Thank you.

You'll probably get more and or better advice over at https://www.c2forum.com/

Also hit the concept 2 website for training tips and how to videos. Dark Horse rowing has some very useful videos as well, though they're geared a little more towards the crossfit side of things.
Quote Reply
Re: Questions for rowers [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you-sorry I missed that.
Quote Reply
Re: Questions for rowers [kini62] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right on. Thank you.
Quote Reply