Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

GPS bike computer recommendation
Quote | Reply
So my garmin 200 appears to be dying after 3 years, which is pretty disappointing. As of late, half the time it works and half the time when I try to start it up there is this weird pattern of data on the screen and it won’t work. Looking for a new gps unit that is reliable, durable, cheap and simple in terms of functions (speed, distance, auto stop, elevation, average speed mostly, I think. I do not need something that downloads workout files to a computer anything like that). Be grateful for any recommendations.
Quote Reply
Re: GPS bike computer recommendation [jsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsmith wrote:
So my garmin 200 appears to be dying after 3 years, which is pretty disappointing. As of late, half the time it works and half the time when I try to start it up there is this weird pattern of data on the screen and it won’t work. Looking for a new gps unit that is reliable, durable, cheap and simple in terms of functions (speed, distance, auto stop, elevation, average speed mostly, I think. I do not need something that downloads workout files to a computer anything like that). Be grateful for any recommendations.

You have to define cheap. Say under $100 lezyne has some decent bike computers. As does cateye. Bryton also.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Bryton 310. It has more capabilities than you want, but it's only $75. So far it works great (only had it a few months).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want cheap: https://www.amazon.com/...gps+cycling+computer

I have one of these, and it works great for the functions you describe. I ended up upgrading to a lezyne since I wanted to wirelessly upload by files, and not just have this as a head unit (I also wanted power support and DI2 gearing readout).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
garmin always makes quality products. yes a bit more expensive but completely worth it in my opinion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you already contacted Garmin? They have excellent customer support.

BrokenSpoke
Quote Reply