Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best training log for aggregating workout data
Quote | Reply
I'm wondering what is the best product/training log for pulling all of my workout data into one place to view. Just ordered a Garmin 935 for getting back to tracking my workouts. I currently use Trainerroad for indoor cycling and mostly mountain bike outdoors. So I'll have the data in Garmin Connect (running/swimming/mtn biking) which I've never used before, and then in TR for indoor cycling which has some new features that I'm still figuring out. Wondering what others are doing with these data inputs to get the best review of their training picture. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Best training log for aggregating workout data [Toothless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Garmin Connect -> Training Peaks. Should get you everything you need. ConnectStats for iOS is also a handy little app.
Quote Reply
Re: Best training log for aggregating workout data [m_reese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I've never used TP but will give it a try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trainerroad will feed into Garmin Connect so it's all in one place. And/or you can record your Trainerroad sessions on your Garmin as well as the TR app.

Can also feed everything into Strava. I have everything in both Strava and Garmin Connect and find that between the 2 of them that's good enough for tracking. Don't feel the need to pay another subscription for Trainingpeaks, and the free version doesn't give me anything that Garmin and Strava don't. Think it's only worth paying for TP if you use it with a coach or want to do a deeper level of analysis.
Quote Reply
Re: Best training log for aggregating workout data [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I didn't want to have to pay for another app. Do you use the free version of Strava or pay for a premium version?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I started using FinalSurge - I like it. You do have to manually import stuff from Trainerroad but it'll grab Garmin stuff automatically, and most importantly for me, it's very easy to edit/comment on the info.

It doesn't, however have the aggregate TSS function of Trainingpeaks, which I have never used, but would be interested in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Golden Cheetah is free, works fairly well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the free version so no detailed analysis on power or HR zones. Only software I pay for is Trainerroad. To be honest Strava is more a social media tool than a training one for me, but it's good motivation seeing friends training, setting PRs, etc. I do find it useful to be able to compare running pace and HR on the same routes over time, and I like the chart view showing total training distance and time by week. Garmin is much more useful for getting into more detail.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interval Design Studio for indoors. Golden Cheetah for outdoors and detail indoor analysis.

Interval Design Studio
YouTube | SoundCloud
Quote Reply