Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kona 2018 live TV?
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if Kona will be on live like last year? Will it be on RedBull TV again or Facebook Live?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Kona 2018 live TV? [Xplombier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just checked on Redbull, looks like it is not on. Facebook it is then!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TIVO shows on NBCSN at noon. EDT and about 1AM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They've been saying it will be on Facebook Live.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As every year, German state TV is broadcasting the entire race. Sorry ROW ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'd have thought they might stream it on Amazon Prime as well....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really hope they are not broadcasting exclusively on Facebook live. Don’t understand the switch to Facebook live either. This way they are restricting viewing to a single platform and not everyone has a Facebook account. I don’t have an account and don’t want one either. IM used to broadcast via Livestream.com which, in my opinion, worked really well. The stream was available to everyone and you could watch it in a browser or via the app. Last year Redbull tv also worked really well, available to all and also in a browser or app. No need for a personal account.
Last edited by: siemons: Oct 7, 18 7:34
Quote Reply
Re: Kona 2018 live TV? [chrissie1993] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrissie1993 wrote:

Through internet as well? I assume you'll have to live in Germany to access that, but VPN might work. Do you have a link?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona 2018 live TV? [siemons] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
siemons wrote:
I really hope they are not broadcasting exclusively on Facebook live. Don’t understand the switch to Facebook live either. This way they are restricting viewing to a single platform and not everyone has a Facebook account. I don’t have an account and don’t want one either. IM used to broadcast via Livestream.com which, in my opinion, worked really well. The stream was available to everyone and you could watch it in a browser or via the app. Last year Redbull.tv also worked really well, available to all and also in a browser or app. No need for a personal account.

I think one of the big reasons why they moved away from Livestream is the inability to interact with the viewers as they do on Facebook. I know FB is not the only platform to do this, but I'm guessing they researched this a bit and their audience uses FB most to interact thus they went that way. Since you don't have FB, they encourage a lot of dialogue and questions through the commentary box on FB and if you are viewing on FB you can see who else of your friends is watching to further add to the depth of the communication on FB.

Plus the biggest change IMO that many overlook is that on FB they can get to the masses that are currently not doing IM, or triathlons in general and market to them. If I watched the live broadcast FB will advertise what I am watching to my friends that are not and that might pull them in. You cannot do this with livestream.

Yes I would agree though that going to a single platform for broadcasting is a bit limiting, but lets turn the question around. Would be going to multiple live platforms serve better than using a single platform that heightens the ability for potential new athletes to view the event?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona 2018 live TV? [TriStart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriStart wrote:
chrissie1993 wrote:

Through internet as well? I assume you'll have to live in Germany to access that, but VPN might work. Do you have a link?

Yes, including a livestream. VPN should work. And it's obv in German but in the past they had a good amount of cameras and also steady video.

https://www.zdf.de/sport/zdf-sportextra/zdf-sportextra---triathlon-ironman-wm-104.html
Last edited by: chrissie1993: Oct 7, 18 6:05
Quote Reply
Re: Kona 2018 live TV? [siemons] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t get it either, red bull and livestream.com worked fine. FB uses flash so all ipad users are out to follow since apple still refuses to support flash.......hope they do something for the ipad users for next week

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Kona 2018 live TV? [chrissie1993] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrissie1993 wrote:
TriStart wrote:
chrissie1993 wrote:

Yes, including a livestream. VPN should work. And it's obv in German but in the past they had a good amount of cameras and also steady video.

https://www.zdf.de/sport/zdf-sportextra/zdf-sportextra---triathlon-ironman-wm-104.html

Thanks!
Quote Reply