Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Nurmagomedov vs. McGregor [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was the moment they all went "oh shit"
Quote Reply
Re: Nurmagomedov vs. McGregor [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Dana knows that there's a very fine line between high ratings and having the sport ruined. The sport is literally centered around two people beating the shit out of each other. All it needs is a little bit of bad publicity to have the government come cracking down on it. I don't think he's concerned so much about "respectable sportsmanlike behavior" as he is about it hurting his business.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Nurmagomedov vs. McGregor [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone see Khabib's IG post? Calls out Dana for allowing the bus incident without firing anyone, allowing Conner to insult his religion, family, country, etc, said that Dana can keep the money that is being withheld and if they fire his brother, then he (Khabib) will quit.

I honestly think that Dana was not happy at all with everything that happened after the fight. He needs to walk the fine line of promoting to the extreme without bringing in bad press and government involvement. I think he found where that line is, and would expect the UFC to back off on what all they allow. Conner needs to be reigned in. Sure, he makes them a crap-load of money, but his antics could end up costing the UFC even more if they start losing sanctioning.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Starting from scratch...
Quote Reply
Re: Nurmagomedov vs. McGregor [skinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because throwing a dolly at a bus is the same as jumping into a crowd attacking someone and starting a brawl.

But Dana kind of created this bed by not doing anything to Conner at all. Now he's got to lay in it.

Quote Reply
Re: Nurmagomedov vs. McGregor [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And as Dana had said, his real fear was not what happened, but what could have happened, citing the Tyson Holyfield fight as an example. I don't think it is at all reasonable to place the blame on Connor for this. If Khabib can't handle insults without starting a brawl in a stadium, then maybe he's in the wrong sport.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
And as Dana had said, his real fear was not what happened, but what could have happened, citing the Tyson Holyfield fight as an example. I don't think it is at all reasonable to place the blame on Connor for this. If Khabib can't handle insults without starting a brawl in a stadium, then maybe he's in the wrong sport.

If Conner can't handle his friends getting into a minor verbal altercation without committing an assault with a weapon, then maybe he's in the wrong sport.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Starting from scratch...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
skinny wrote:
BarryP wrote:

If Conner can't handle his friends getting into a minor verbal altercation without committing an assault with a weapon, then maybe he's in the wrong sport.

Was about to say, this goes way beyond verbal insults. Conor misread Khabib by miles. He finally messed with the wrong guy. There will not be a rematch because Conor does not want one. He values his health way too much.
Quote Reply
Re: Nurmagomedov vs. McGregor [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This video sums it all up perfectly.....

https://www.instagram.com/...igshid=11p6wr9cii8lx

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Nurmagomedov vs. McGregor [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
This video sums it all up perfectly.....

https://www.instagram.com/...igshid=11p6wr9cii8lx

That was good. How bad do you have to be getting your ass kicked to break out the “it’s just business” between rounds? He’s a great showman, but this isn’t the WWE. He makes it personal with everyone and it works until it doesn’t work. He’s lucky Khabib didn’t get that kimura. He would have even without a left arm for a couple of months.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a massive difference here...I'd probably be feeling a bit different had Khabib gone after Conor after the fight rather than vaulting the fence to go into the crowd to go after Danis. Everyone remember Ron Artest...yeah that was a year long suspension and dude lost a fuck ton of money.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Nurmagomedov vs. McGregor [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
There's a massive difference here...I'd probably be feeling a bit different had Khabib gone after Conor after the fight rather than vaulting the fence to go into the crowd to go after Danis. Everyone remember Ron Artest...yeah that was a year long suspension and dude lost a fuck ton of money.

Massive differnence huh? Conor punks out by throwing something into a bus full of people. Shame on those inside for looking out for others that were hurt. Khabib didn’t need to go after Conor when the fight was finished. I think his in-fight statement was clear enough. This boils down to wanna be gangsters confronting cold hearted killers. I’m sad that Khabib choked him out. I wanted to see his head get bounced a few more times and hear more cries of “it’s just business.” Can’t stand people like him.
Quote Reply
Re: Nurmagomedov vs. McGregor [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQGXuMqq840

Don’t phuck with the Russians.
I assume most of this is accurate. Not that I would anyway, but I’m not stepping foot inside any UFC matches anytime soon
Quote Reply
Re: Nurmagomedov vs. McGregor [timboricki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm the Machine!!!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
I'm the Machine!!!!!

Put your shirt back on!

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply

Prev Next