Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Will you be watching the M in the HC?
Quote | Reply
Decode this and win the grand prize: You get to be HC of the NYJ for a day.

That might be the prize you don't want to win, though.
Quote Reply
Re: Will you be watching the M in the HC? [njredandblack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I need to start watching that show but I've heard some mixed reviews from friends that I actually trust their judgment.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Will you be watching the M in the HC? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
I need to start watching that show but I've heard some mixed reviews from friends that I actually trust their judgment.

I think it's fairly uneven, some really good episodes and some less so. Worth a watch for me. The only problem is, season two ended so long ago that I forget most of the big plot points.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
njredandblack wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

I think it's fairly uneven, some really good episodes and some less so. Worth a watch for me. The only problem is, season two ended so long ago that I forget most of the big plot points.

Same here. I need a very detailed summary of Seasons 1 and 2. I have forgotten major plots. I am hoping there is a 30 min summary of some sorts.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
njredandblack wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

yes I will.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At the end of season two, the show seemed to on the verge of a very sci-fi plot. It's going to be interesting to see where the writers go with it.
Quote Reply
Re: Will you be watching the M in the HC? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
njredandblack wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

Same here. I need a very detailed summary of Seasons 1 and 2. I have forgotten major plots. I am hoping there is a 30 min summary of some sorts.

Same and yes, they do. Just finished S3 and I like where it went and where it’s going. I do find the series a bit slow overall, but I think that’s due to all of the characters and the good job of developing each one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
njredandblack wrote:
At the end of season two, the show seemed to on the verge of a very sci-fi plot. It's going to be interesting to see where the writers go with it.

I enjoyed the alt-history take of the show. Very interesting. Once it started in on the sci-fi angle, I wavered a bit. Not sure about the warping between realities.

It's been a while since season 2, but I'll tune in and see where things go.

edit: I have not read the book, so have no idea if the plot is in sync there.
Last edited by: ctflower: Oct 11, 18 12:35
Quote Reply
Re: Will you be watching the M in the HC? [ctflower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I liked it. Episode 7 was a little slow, but compared to the first two seasons, season 3 moved at a quicker pace. I almost see the sci-fi aspect as a sort of Macguffin, to tell the alternative history story. The problem with throwing in too much sci-fi is that it could potentially become clunky and weigh down season 4 with inanities.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What the hell are we talking about. I googled this and all I can find are sites for Hydraulic Pressure Intensifiers.
Quote Reply
Re: Will you be watching the M in the HC? [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattr wrote:
What the hell are we talking about. I googled this and all I can find are sites for Hydraulic Pressure Intensifiers.
c

You need to get a secret decoder ring, now available in family-sized boxes of Quisp cereal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just started watching it (Season 1) on the treadmill this morning. Very interesting concept, I plan to keep watching.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Starting from scratch...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3 episodes into season 3. So far it continues to deliver. I aslo agree, the series can be slow at times, but not at the expense of holdingmy attention.

Warning possible spoiler below

The introduction of Dr. Mengele, creepy mo-fo there. That was a good touch.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Will you be watching the M in the HC? [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattr wrote:

Was on Amazon last week and all of sudden it clicked. Just finished season 1. Like it so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We started watching season 1, but my wife bailed on it for being too slow. Does it get better downstream?

Lifeguard: "Do you need help?" Me: "No, that's just my butterfly."
Quote Reply
Re: Will you be watching the M in the HC? [TriHard Indiana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ebbs and flows. I've found the slow sections of the story add intense scenes. I only watch when I ride the trainer, so something to hold my attention is imperative. M in the HC has done it.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply