Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Patrick Lange - Incremental Gains [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
earthling wrote:

Well if you take the time to read the blog, Patrick has had the front end available to him since 24th August, and the wind tunnel testing was done 16 weeks prior to that.

If one of my athletes asked me if they should take up on an opportunity like this my only question would be if I could go see the testing with them.

https://www.swissside.com/...1-betherecordbreaker

Thanks for the link, I didnt see that one.
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange - Incremental Gains [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Oh, I thought you were saying he is on the Incremental gains plan that Sky is on. Then I open this thread and its about aerobars.

Yes, that was an intentional homage to Sky’s use of 3D tech to optimize a TT cockpit.

Also found it intriguing in the sense that it says something about Patrick’s support system and related approach to improvement. Professional is a word that comes to mind. I find that inspirational.

There is more here than just aerobars.

Scott

I think the general consensus on the team Sky incremental/marginal gains approach is more a reference to the hanky panky around Wiggins TUEs or Froome asthma medicatiton etc etc vs the aero and other items that they are true pros at constantly optimizing. Glad there is no Sky like hanky panky at play here. I want to think the 2:40 run splits are 2:40 run splits. Patrick's overall light weight at around 140 lbs gives him the most massive advantage of any pro in Kona given the guy can also ride at 4W per kilo and keep up with the 2nd or 3rd bike pack.
Quote Reply

Prev Next