Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Trek TT Disc brake bike
Quote | Reply
Are there any rumors? Does it exist in the hands of any pros (prototype)?

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek TT Disc brake bike [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously misleading title...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To my knowledge, one does not exist and, if one is planned, it won't be for a while. The existing Speed Concept is still the TT benchmark (along with the P5). I've heard rumors that they attempted to design a disc brake TT bike but couldn't make it any faster than the Speed Concept in CFD. Given the aero results of the new Madone, this seems plausible.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek TT Disc brake bike [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cause I really want one.

There's a difference between top of the line and state of the art. The Madone is state of the art. Waiting for the next thing from them in TT bikes as well. :)

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You won’t see one this year.

All the trek sponsored pros racing kona are on the same speed concept with different paint jobs.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmscat50 wrote:
Are there any rumors? Does it exist in the hands of any pros (prototype)?

Here you go...just put the brakes back on..."dual disc" ;-)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek TT Disc brake bike [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I understand that some people just want disc brakes but if Trek can't make the SC any faster with them what is the point of disc brakes? No one has ever said " I won this IM because of my brakes"
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek TT Disc brake bike [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do we really have to argue this over and over again?

Most of your time on a bike is training, not racing. Better brakes make riding a bike easier and more fun. Not everyone believes HED Jets are the only wheels on the planet someone should use.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek TT Disc brake bike [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got stuck racing in the rain 5 (five) time this year! On carbon clinchers. Yes, a Disc brake/12 mm Through Axel version of my Speedconcept (with ISOspeed rear too if I am dreaming) would be highly tempting- I would probably go Project One on that one. My Disc Madone was a dream in the last big mountains Gran Fondo I did FWIW.

I have not heard any credible evidence one is close to production. At this point I wouldn't expect to see anything until 2019 ProTour time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The super over exaggerated “more stopping power!!!!” Like that matters other than mountain riding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can assure you 100% absolutely nothing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scottxs wrote:
I understand that some people just want disc brakes but if Trek can't make the SC any faster with them what is the point of disc brakes? No one has ever said " I won this IM because of my brakes"

From the pro level, I think you're right, but for us amateurs who use the same wheels while racing on the road, it allows us to have a single wheelset that is swappable between multiple bikes. Every bike I currently own (CX, XC, Road) has disc brakes. The only thing missing for me is the TT/Tri bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trek Stop Concept

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek TT Disc brake bike [hammonjj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hammonjj wrote:
Scottxs wrote:

From the pro level, I think you're right, but for us amateurs who use the same wheels while racing on the road, it allows us to have a single wheelset that is swappable between multiple bikes. Every bike I currently own (CX, XC, Road) has disc brakes. The only thing missing for me is the TT/Tri bike.

Makes sense
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek TT Disc brake bike [hammonjj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hammonjj wrote:
Scottxs wrote:

I wonder if 303s could survive XC?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek TT Disc brake bike [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Commonly used in cx
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek TT Disc brake bike [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamuwere wrote:
Commonly used in cx
agreed 303's are quite popular in CX
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek TT Disc brake bike [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...but do you think that qualifies them for XC?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
...but do you think that qualifies them for XC?

the guy who rides this bike is pretty good

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
People have used the 404 in CX for years...though it's not in common as the 303. I trashed an older 404 tubular rim though running too low of PSI when jumping a sharp cornered curb...doh! (kept riding it though during practice).

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I suspect you'd have barely 10% of the views on this if the title clearly summarized the post. For example, "Is Trek planning a new TT disc brake bike?" So......well played?

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek TT Disc brake bike [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think there's a case of talking past each other here. I know that the 303 is widely used in CX. I'm talking about XC as in Cross Country. I wonder if a 303 could handle an occasional root or rock strike? I suppose they've been raced on Roubaix for years...

It would be an interesting proposition to have one wheelset and three frames: TT, road/gravel, and full suspension XC and use one wheelset without a Powertap hub (303 disc with 142x12 rear), and perhaps even one drivetrain (a hypothetical eTap or Di2 1x12), a disc cover for when used on the TT bike, and then different chains for each bike. The cassette very well might be the same with the big ring tuning things for the likely range of speeds a bike might see.
Last edited by: GreenPlease: Oct 5, 18 22:06
Quote Reply