Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: who do you want to win?? [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously, his twitter posts are awesome! I would love to see a biker like starky or wurf blow up everyone's mind. This seems like an exciting race I want to see excitement and lead changes could be the type of thing that makes for good 8 hr TV. lol

Full disclosure I'm a slow runner and I hate runners passing me in the end. lol

https://www.strava.com/athletes/23685202
Quote Reply
Re: who do you want to win?? [TriRugby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if Starky could keep up with Wurf if they came out somewhat close on the bike...those two, along with another uber biker or two, could bike away from the main pack and end up with a big lead going into T2.
Quote Reply
Re: who do you want to win?? [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who do I WANT to win? Men: Andy Potts or Tim O'Donnell. Women: Sarah True

Who do I THINK will win? Gomez & Ryf
Quote Reply
Re: who do you want to win?? [d00d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
d00d wrote:
I wonder if Starky could keep up with Wurf if they came out somewhat close on the bike...those two, along with another uber biker or two, could bike away from the main pack and end up with a big lead going into T2.
I think Starky will get out of the water 3+ minutes in front of Wurf, and the question is whether Wurf can, or wants to, catch him on the bike. Regardless, Starky won't break 3:20 on the run. I expect to see a Wurf/Kienle/Sanders bike train again.
Quote Reply
Re: who do you want to win?? [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:
On the women's side, I just want to see Ryf challenged. I'd like to see my bae Lucy Charles put pressure her from the front, and Rinny put pressure on her from behind.... and alllll that that implies.

I would also like to see that.

On the men's side I'd like to see Amberger take a flyer on the swim again, with Starky taking over the lead on his way toward a bike course record, which gets broken minutes later by the Wurf/Sanders/Kienle pack. Sanders and Kienle battle the run only to get run down after Mark and Dave Hill by a slow closing Gomez and a faster closing but further back Lange. The shakeout for the win happens between the banyon tree and the finish line with the tiki torch guys having to dive out of the way of what passes as a sprint finish after 7 hours and 59 minutes of racing.

But maybe my hopes are set a little high :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sebi and ryf.

sebi cause the dude is so awesome, ryf because she is the best.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: who do you want to win?? [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
d00d wrote:

I think Starky will get out of the water 3+ minutes in front of Wurf, and the question is whether Wurf can, or wants to, catch him on the bike. Regardless, Starky won't break 3:20 on the run. I expect to see a Wurf/Kienle/Sanders bike train again.

Doesn't Wurf swim back of the front of the pack, as long as he's right on someone's feet? From what i've read on Wurf, he's going to push the bike very, very hard.

I'm still going with Gomez, but I think Wurf is going to make it interesting this year...
Quote Reply
Re: who do you want to win?? [fierceSun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fierceSun wrote:
eganski wrote:

On the women's side, I just want to see Ryf challenged. I'd like to see my bae Lucy Charles put pressure her from the front, and Rinny put pressure on her from behind.... and alllll that that implies.

I would also like to see that.

On the men's side I'd like to see Amberger take a flyer on the swim again, with Starky taking over the lead on his way toward a bike course record, which gets broken minutes later by the Wurf/Sanders/Kienle pack. Sanders and Kienle battle the run only to get run down after Mark and Dave Hill by a slow closing Gomez and a faster closing but further back Lange. The shakeout for the win happens between the banyon tree and the finish line with the tiki torch guys having to dive out of the way of what passes as a sprint finish after 7 hours and 59 minutes of racing.

But maybe my hopes are set a little high :)

Love this play by play.
Quote Reply
Re: who do you want to win?? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any of the Brits....

Then Gomez.
Quote Reply
Re: who do you want to win?? [fierceSun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like your view point. I hope that we get some sort of aggressive racing by the key players and I hope that the eventual winner is one of the movers and shakers not someone who sits in the pack.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David McNamee

Probably Ryf. Saili could probably run with her, but that swim handicap...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gomez, with Kienle as a second option
Sarah T, Charles and Helle F

Sr. Salitre
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sarah True. Fourth in London Olympics, disastrous race in Rio. In Jorgensen's shadow for most of the past six years. Obviously thrilled about racing in Kona for the first time. It would be an epic upset.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Oct 10, 18 7:40
Quote Reply
Re: who do you want to win?? [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to see Matt Hanson win. His AMAs on Slowtwitch were really good and I think he's put in the work.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love to Sanders or Sebi take the win for the men. The women, well Ryf is most likely gonna take it, but I’d really like to see Linsey Corbin on the podium.

https://trigeek1969.blogspot.ca
Quote Reply

Prev Next