Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Polar 720 programing sets
Quote | Reply
does anyone know if you can program the timers and alarms on the 720 HRM to so sets. What I want be able to do is have a warm up then 4xsome work interval followed by a recovery interval then have a longet recovery interval and then repeat the whole thing as many times as I want folled by a cool down. I want to be able to ser HR limits and for all of these intervals and have the watch beep when the interval is over.

Can I do this? I think I should be able to but I can not figgure out how.

Any help would be greatly appreaceted
Thank
Tim
Quote Reply
Re: Polar 720 programing sets [uberchurch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the 810 but I assume the menu is approx. the same.

You have two options:
  • Using the watch, go to "exercise set", hit red button. select profile number, e.g 1. You have the option to save several workout sets this way. Ok, you have choosen "profile 1". Decide how many "phases" you require for your workout. Eg. You do 4min fast followed by 1min ez (phase 1), then you do 2min fast, followed by 1min ez (phase 2) . Or you go 800m (phase 1), followed by 400m (phase2). So you activate "Phase1" by hitting the red button and select "on" (using the two buttons on the right side). Once the "Phase 1" is "on", klick red button again. Then use the two buttons on the right side of the watch to select the Interval, recovery, and HR limits. You'll also have the option to choose between timer (e.g 4min) or manual (e.g 400m stop yourself).
  • You can also use your computer. But this requires the IR interface (costs $40, available in USB and seriel. I sell my serial for 25$, perfect cond....) You HAVE to connect to the computer before you have the option to program the sets. Works the same way as the watch, only a little bit more visual.
  • DO NOT delete your programmed set, this way you can do it again later on. If want to do another workout, simply select another profile, e.g "profile2"

good luck, hope all the nonsense I wrote helps a little....

daniel

�The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.� -Michelangelo

MoodBoost Drink : Mood Support + Energy.
Quote Reply