Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SMITH Podium - there is a Monster in my helmet
Quote | Reply
This summer I decided to purchase a new aero helmet. I decided to buy the new Smith Podium. It is a great looking helmet, I feel fast and had a great summer using it.
The only downfall is Monster that is living inside of it. Anytime I tilted my head down wards a large growling Monster like sound fills my ears. One would think after this happens a few times you get used to it... NOPE! I am as startled now as I was mid June when I was first introduced to this startling sound.
I understand what the sound actually is... the wind entering through the vents when they are exposed when I tilt my head Heck, maybe Smith implemented this feature on purpose, to keep my head in the right position.

Any other Smith Podiums have a scary Monster living inside their helmet? I could be mistaken and it could be a Rabid dog.
Quote Reply
Re: SMITH Podium - there is a Monster in my helmet [Tri_Barf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@Tri_Barf I know exactly what you are talking about. It is definitely like someone is screaming at you or pack of wild dogs is behind you. I've convinced myself it is Smith telling me to keep my head low and straight. I love the helmet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine is the same... I assume it is the air going through the honeycomb vents on the rear.
Quote Reply
Re: SMITH Podium - there is a Monster in my helmet [utahpioneer16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
utahpioneer16 wrote:
@Tri_Barf I know exactly what you are talking about. It is definitely like someone is screaming at you or pack of wild dogs is behind you. I've convinced myself it is Smith telling me to keep my head low and straight. I love the helmet.

I concur, I would buy it again in an instant!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's air going through the helmet. I did a couple Chung tests with a Podium and a very popular helmet around these parts and was 3-5 watts better with the Smith Podium. That made me okay with the noise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Poc Cerebral does it too, but the Giro Aerohead is nice and quiet.

Cheers,

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been racing in the Smith Podium for two years now. First time I raced in it was a time trial and when I heard the sound I looked back, thinking a dog was chasing and barking at me.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply