Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is something up with my Felt IA 10? (analysis of pics requested)
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

I bought my Felt IA 10 about two years ago on this site. Love it...however I was wrenching on it this past weekend and noticed something funky in the undercarriage. I took some pics.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1T2Y1cHdsUQ5ngcXxrAxKuYPogv9VoD_R

The (from an upside down perspective) left side looks fine but the right side of the bottom of the frame/stays the paint/carbon lines are distorted. It's not dirt...or grease...does not come off.

What do you think?

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------
My other car is a Felt. DFL>DNF>DNS.

"There will come a day you won't be able to do this, today is not that day."
Last edited by: misha1809: Oct 1, 18 9:47
Quote Reply
Re: Is something up with my Felt IA 10? (analysis of pics requested) [misha1809] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have the left/right backwards? Say "drive side" or "non drive side".

Looking at that, all I can figure is perhaps someone thought they had damaged it and sanded off the paint or something. Or it was and they had it carbon repaired and didn't paint it.

Does the tire or "dish" of the wheel tend to be centered, or bias to the left or right? Maybe a tire from a prior owner on a wheel not centered rubbed off?
Quote Reply
Re: Is something up with my Felt IA 10? (analysis of pics requested) [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Do you have the left/right backwards? Say "drive side" or "non drive side".

Looking at that, all I can figure is perhaps someone thought they had damaged it and sanded off the paint or something. Or it was and they had it carbon repaired and didn't paint it.

Does the tire or "dish" of the wheel tend to be centered, or bias to the left or right? Maybe a tire from a prior owner on a wheel not centered rubbed off?

The discoloration appears on the inside of the non drive side. Sorry if I confused that. It also appears right in the center of the bike on the inside.

Wheel is totally centered and there is no rubbing but I can't speak for the entirety of it's life...as I bought it gently used.

Quote Reply
Re: Is something up with my Felt IA 10? (analysis of pics requested) [misha1809] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That has DEFINITELY been screwed with.

Looks to me like a badly botched paint touch-up job, either after a carbon repair, or somebody re-painting after investigating to see if they needed a carbon repair.

In my opinion this would not qualify as gently used.

The image near the bottom bracket brake, should just have white paint with a sharp line delineating from visible carbon weave.

That non drive side uneven line should be the same, white paint with a sharp line overtop of visible carbon weave, and even where your line is, is wrong, it should match the drive side.

Here is what mine looks like. ( forgive the dirt etc. it DUMPED on us at my last race, and I haven't cleaned it to use it again yet )

Quote Reply
Re: Is something up with my Felt IA 10? (analysis of pics requested) [dfquigley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfquigley wrote:
That has DEFINITELY been screwed with.

Looks to me like a badly botched paint touch-up job, either after a carbon repair, or somebody re-painting after investigating to see if they needed a carbon repair.

In my opinion this would not qualify as gently used.

The image near the bottom bracket brake, should just have white paint with a sharp line delineating from visible carbon weave.

That non drive side uneven line should be the same, white paint with a sharp line overtop of visible carbon weave, and even where your line is, is wrong, it should match the drive side.

Here is what mine looks like. ( forgive the dirt etc. it DUMPED on us at my last race, and I haven't cleaned it to use it again yet )

Yeah, thanks for the confirmation on that. Sigh.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where do you see distorted fibers? Looking at your pics I see what looks like the white 'paint' being not paint but a vinyl film which has been damaged (worn) in some areas. Other than that it is not obvious what you are referring to. I did notice your crank got quite a beating - definite signs of a crash there. Was it already on the bike like that when you got it?
Quote Reply
Re: Is something up with my Felt IA 10? (analysis of pics requested) [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Picture 6 of the UHC carbon lettering looks like a bad tape job and basic spray paint. That does not look like sanding to me.

Grow with data: Dynamic Sports Data | eBay store
Quote Reply