Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What influences training metrics on Garmin devices?
Quote | Reply
My Garmin 935 has the training metrics that FirstBeat provides. What all goes into this? Just activities that are captured by the watch? What about third-party (e.g., TrainerRoad, CompuTrainer workouts) that are imported into Garmin Connect?

If it is also activities captured by the watch, then is there anything that provides more of a total picture? Is there anything that pulls from a central repository (such as TrainingPeaks)?
Quote Reply
Re: What influences training metrics on Garmin devices? [Apollo526] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
White papers from FB is here

https://www.firstbeat.com/en/consumer-products/features/

This is training status specifically...
https://www.firstbeat.com/en/consumer-feature/training-status/

I've since started to ignore Training Status esp the "productive" "maintaning" etc phases that it tells me.. end of the day I found out that this is in relation to "what it thinks" your VO2 max is and basically from what i can tell - if your VO2 max estiamtion (in watch) shows a decline (eg: 57 -> 56) you are in the Unproductive status and if (57->57) means you are maintaining..

But this is just what the watch "thinks" based on the FB algorithm etc etc..

This data HAS to be captured by the watch (GPS for Run and PowerMeter for Cycling), if you input a training from Zwift (w/o using your watch), it will not register, so you will need to double up and use the watch data even if you decide to delete the same data from GC and only use ZWIFT output data).

Quote Reply
Re: What influences training metrics on Garmin devices? [myjunk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is exactly what I feared.

It looks like Garmin took toward getting a better "total body" check with the "battery body" that they introduced with the Vivosmart 4, but even then it suggests you wear the device when you work out - in addition to your other device(s). I have no idea why they don't recognize that users often use different services and want to know how everything works together.
Quote Reply