Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help! Ironman Chattanooga Cut Off Times For Today?
Quote | Reply
I've looked at the athlete guide and elsewhere. I can't find any description of how it's adjusted for no swim.
- They said the intermediate cut off times stay the same. My friend is past that point.

What we can't figure out is what time he has to finish the race by to be an official finisher? He started at 9:43 this morning. Does anyone know?? Is it
- 16 1/2 hours take away the swim of 2:20 so athletes have 14:10 to finish the bike and run?

I know they've extended the finish line time to later... 12:40 am or something, but how long do you have to officially be an Ironman from when you started??
Quote Reply
Re: Help! Ironman Chattanooga Cut Off Times For Today? [Petrus101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Petrus101 wrote:
I've looked at the athlete guide and elsewhere. I can't find any description of how it's adjusted for no swim.
- They said the intermediate cut off times stay the same. My friend is past that point.

What we can't figure out is what time he has to finish the race by to be an official finisher? He started at 9:43 this morning. Does anyone know?? Is it
- 16 1/2 hours take away the swim of 2:20 so athletes have 14:10 to finish the bike and run?

I know they've extended the finish line time to later... 12:40 am or something, but how long do you have to officially be an Ironman from when you started??

That is a good question. I don't think subtracting 2:20 from 16:30 is the right answer because that would penalize most swimmers who do it much faster. Ie they would have less time than normal to complete bike and run. I have two lady friends who are on the bubble. I was hoping someone here would have the answer.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply