Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help with purchasing Triathlon Bike
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of purchasing my first triathlon bike. I'll be racing Ironman Canada in Whistler next summer.
I've narrowed my choices down to (all 2017 and later models):

1. Argon 18 E-117 (105 OR possibly Ultegra)
2. Cervelo P2 (105)
3. Felt IA16 (105)

I was hoping I could get some advice regarding which bike would be the best choice and why?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Help with purchasing Triathlon Bike [3forcarter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buy the bike that fits you best and that you can afford.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I seriously just made the exact same choice. I ended up going with the E117 with Di2 purely on the reason that my local bike dealer was selling one. I am really enjoying it. I did get proper measurements done before hand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3forcarter wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of purchasing my first triathlon bike. I'll be racing Ironman Canada in Whistler next summer.
I've narrowed my choices down to (all 2017 and later models):

1. Argon 18 E-117 (105 OR possibly Ultegra)
2. Cervelo P2 (105)
3. Felt IA16 (105)

I was hoping I could get some advice regarding which bike would be the best choice and why?

Thanks!
What are your fit coordinates?

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get the one which fits you and you like the look of most. Between those 3 you aremt going to have huge discrepancies in aero and componentry. If you're comfortable on a bike that gives you confidence and inspiration to ride...you're golden.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've heard great things about all 3 but I've personally used a P2. I find it comparable to much more expensive bikes and later models from Cervelo. I also found that the adjustability on the P2 was great. Given everyone including myself is going to recommend the fit over the bike, I'd give the P2 a look for that level of adjustability.

As far as aerodynamics go... It was good enough for Chrissie Wellington and Emma Pooley to ride to elite world titles in triathlon and cycling.
In Reply To:

Ryan Waddington
Professional Triathlete
http://www.ryanwaddington.com
https://www.instagram.com/waddington_r/
Quote Reply