Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Uberbiker @ IMMD can't swim or run? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]

Fishbum wrote:
So as someone who did Maryland I dont get how you're saying you made a mistake on the course. Or am I misunderstanding your statement about what happened.

This is a legitimate question I'm not trolling you.

Mike A is not the guy that cut the course at IMMD.

As far as I can tell, he's just a FilAmTri club officer that is trying to defend his club's reputation given that multiple officers have been caught cutting courses this year. It would be better if he just said cheating is not allowed and that they were kicking out the offending members and implementing a member education and no tolerance policy. But threatening to beat up anyone who wants to mention their members cheating is another way to go....

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
InstagramFacebook

Re: Uberbiker @ IMMD can't swim or run? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]

RowToTri wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
So as someone who did Maryland I dont get how you're saying you made a mistake on the course. Or am I misunderstanding your statement about what happened.

As far as I can tell, he's just a FilAmTri club officer that is trying to defend his club's reputation given that multiple officers have been caught cutting courses this year. It would be better if he just said cheating is not allowed and that they were kicking out the offending members and implementing a member education and no tolerance policy. But threatening to beat up anyone who wants to mention their members cheating is another way to go....

Wait what? He said he was the guy in question. So this guys is lying about who he is? Wow what club they have going.
Haha

Re: Uberbiker @ IMMD can't swim or run? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]

He said he was the guy who made that post to their facebook site... not the guy who cut the course at IMMD.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
InstagramFacebook

"I ask that you refrain from referencing the club on social media. PM me if you want to square off"

Perhaps it's just me, but I don't interpret what he said as threatening anyone with a physical altercation. I think it was more of a bit of fun trash talking (or at least that was the intention), as in ... if you want yap your big mouth all over social media and drag our our club name through the mud, PM and we can "square off" or debate/trash talk with each other in private.

I've read his statements a bunch of times. I don't get where everyone is getting that he's trying to challenge anyone to a fight.

RowToTri wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

RowToTri wrote:
He said he was the guy who made that post to their facebook site... not the guy who cut the course at IMMD.

Oh. My mistake.
Carry on.

Re: Uberbiker @ IMMD can't swim or run? [zoom] [ In reply to ]

zoom wrote:
"I ask that you refrain from referencing the club on social media. PM me if you want to square off"

Perhaps it's just me, but I don't interpret what he said as threatening anyone with a physical altercation. I think it was more of a bit of fun trash talking (or at least that was the intention), as in ... if you want yap your big mouth all over social media and drag our our club name through the mud, PM and we can "square off" or debate/trash talk with each other in private.

I've read his statements a bunch of times. I don't get where everyone is getting that he's trying to challenge anyone to a fight.

RowToTri wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

It’s just you. It’s pretty obvious he is hinting at something other than private conversation. Why does it matter if he is in NorCal if just “wants to talk” via private message?

Dude is a reactionary, and other people in the club are asking for the people here to “Man up” and show their faces.

Curiously they are not asking the Uber Biker to “man up” and show his data.

Re: Uberbiker @ IMMD can't swim or run? [mikea1968] [ In reply to ]

mikea1968 wrote:
yes! you have not been challenged for a tri square off? give me an event, and i’ll show up.

you are going way off topic by generalizing.

thank you and have a good day

Wow, is that how you guys handle disputes at your "club"?

Whoever wins the "square-off", wins the debate?

That does explain the cheating....
Last edited by: windschatten: Oct 4, 18 21:43

wait, *multiple* club officers?

RowToTri wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”

Re: Uberbiker @ IMMD can't swim or run? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]

ericMPro wrote:

RowToTri wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

Yup one at IM Santa Rosa, other IM Maryland. But both these guys stepped down

Re: Uberbiker @ IMMD can't swim or run? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]

so now people are getting together, holding working groups, and brainstorming the best ways to cheat and cut courses to get to Kona or Boston. Wow.

synthetic wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

RowToTri wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”

Re: Uberbiker @ IMMD can't swim or run? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]

synthetic wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

RowToTri wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

Did they step down because of the cheating? It doesn't seem like the club or the members really care about it, though.

Re: Uberbiker @ IMMD can't swim or run? [DonTrilone] [ In reply to ]

DonTrilone wrote:
other people in the club are asking for the people here to “Man up” and show their faces.

Curiously they are not asking the Uber Biker to “man up” and show his data.

We have a Fil Am Tri group here in my area as there is a large Filipino population here. They are a fun group...lots of really cool guys. They are also very close to one another and share a bond due to their ethnic background. They hang out with each other outside of training and racing and throw big parties...especially when Manny Pacquiao is fighting. I don't know anyone from this Nor Cal group, but I am not surprised that they might seem defensive about their members having outside conversations and not really trying to "out" one of their own.

Think of it like how you would settle something within your inner circle of family and friends. If someone in your inner circle was divulging information about another family member to the public, how would you feel about that? Would you also be eager to persecute one of your own publicly?

I'm not saying it's right or wrong...just that I understand where they might be coming from.

Re: Uberbiker @ IMMD can't swim or run? [Jason N] [ In reply to ]

Ahhh I would kick the cheater out and be done with it

Re: Uberbiker @ IMMD can't swim or run? [Jason N] [ In reply to ]

Jason N wrote:

We have a Fil Am Tri group here in my area as there is a large Filipino population here. They are a fun group...lots of really cool guys. They are also very close to one another and share a bond due to their ethnic background. They hang out with each other outside of training and racing and throw big parties...especially when Manny Pacquiao is fighting. I don't know anyone from this Nor Cal group, but I am not surprised that they might seem defensive about their members having outside conversations and not really trying to "out" one of their own.

Think of it like how you would settle something within your inner circle of family and friends. If someone in your inner circle was divulging information about another family member to the public, how would you feel about that? Would you also be eager to persecute one of your own publicly?

I'm not saying it's right or wrong...just that I understand where they might be coming from.

Do Filipino Americans have something against dance fighting? I still think this is the best way to resolve this.

Re: Uberbiker @ IMMD can't swim or run? [RBR] [ In reply to ]

they're all cheating, it's what they do apparently. Potentially, allegedly. This particular club.

RBR wrote:

ericMPro wrote:
they're all cheating, it's what they do apparently. Potentially, allegedly. This particular club.

RBR wrote:

Literally 😂

ericMPro wrote:
so now people are getting together, holding working groups, and brainstorming the best ways to cheat and cut courses to get to Kona or Boston. Wow.

There was actually a confirmed story at IMLP of people sitting at one of the bars, with course maps out, talking about the places to cut.
Now no one knows if it was a race planning meeting or merely people discussing it in order to keep an eye out for rivals who may be cheating, but IM was aware it happened and kept an eye on the participants of the conversation.
Last edited by: Ironfan: Oct 5, 18 13:28

Re: Uberbiker @ IMMD can't swim or run? [Ironfan] [ In reply to ]

one of the worst things I ever did was start spectating at Ironmans... you see all kinds of unsavory shit

Ironfan wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

There was actually a confirmed story at IMLP of people sitting at one of the bars, with course maps out, talking about the places to cut.
Now no one knows if it was a race planning meeting or merely people discussing it in order to keep an eye out for rivals who may be cheating, but IM was aware it happened and kept an eye on the participants of the conversation.

Prev Next