Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Orthotics in Houston or Honolulu
Quote | Reply
I have a confirmed (by xray) leg leg length discrepancy and wear orthotics. My old set of running orthotics are on their last legs and I'm starting to get the old imbalance injuries again. I live on Maui where unfortunately the medical and sports medicine choices are pretty weak, and so I have tried getting some made here now twice and both have been really poor quality and did't work for me. I'm headed to Houston in about a week, for a week, I was hoping with the medical center and the size of the city the options might be better. Anybody know a legitimate maker of running orthotics there that knows what they are doing? Same question for Honolulu, I'm there pretty regularly so that might be an avenue as well. Thanks for any ideas.
Quote Reply
Re: Orthotics in Houston or Honolulu [endofempire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://tadhughescustom.com/

drop this guy a line. very well respected bike fitter. he makes custom inserts for cycling and running shoes. during a bike fit he checks leg length and such to look for imbalances.

im not sure if his offering will be exactly what you're looking for but ive used him for my bike fit and custom cycling shoe inserts and i cant recommend him enough.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Orthotics in Houston or Honolulu [endofempire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is an option to contact the original makers? I'd imagine there is a chance they keep records and may just be able to make another set using those details. No idea of the costs involved or how likely they are to help but it's always good to have options.
Quote Reply