Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike training with no bike ?
Quote | Reply
Question

Unfortunately, due to some problems, I was admitted to hospital for now almost 4 weeks (and no release date yet).
Now I do not have a bike there (not allowed to have it on my room, only public parking :-( ).
Or fitness equipment that i am allowed to use.

So I do only squats and planking.
What exercises can I do more? Running I did but i am now suffer from shin splints.

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Last edited by: rbe: Sep 29, 18 10:50
Quote Reply
Re: Bike training with no bike ? [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would depend on the type of hospital. If a general hospital, make friends with a hospitalist, and convince them you need access into the cardiac rehab or pt/ot areas that have a exercise bike area to keep up you fitness level.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike training with no bike ? [Fhirleighinn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pilates with own body weight resistance should help with core, hip, flutes, etc. Man, sometimes I find Pilates harder than anything else I do. YouTube some Pilates videos and try those. May also be a good time to work on flexibility with some yoga. Lunges also may help the legs. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stairs and lunges. Lots of both. Hope you're released soon :)
Quote Reply
Re: Bike training with no bike ? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lunges. Lunges lunges

Went a year without biking just 1 month of lunges and still had a very good time for me in Olympic triathlon on the bike

Worked up to a half hour straight of knee to almost the ground lunges. Switching legs. Not the walking lunge
Quote Reply
Re: Bike training with no bike ? [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the advices.

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Masturbation. I would shoot for twice a day and work on your endurance. While each session should be hard, it’s more important that you maintain good form. As you progress, you can incorporate some speed drills. But don’t get carried away, you don’t want to get injured.
Last edited by: imsparticus: Sep 30, 18 2:46
Quote Reply