Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Inktober 2019
Quote | Reply
D'Kid has me committed to doing Inktober this year

https://inktober.com/

Do any of you folks participate, or have you done so in the past? I was gonna do it last year, but I saw "Oh SHIT! There's actually PROMPTS? Like you HAVE to do these words? Fuck that; I'm out"

I think I've mentioned that I've been struggling with a near-paralyzing case of artistic block* [as far as pens & pencils & paper goes, that is; I'm writing fine, thanks] Performing to an assigned task right out of the gate was a bit overwhelming for me. I've been doodling around a bit lately and even posting pix now & then, so I feel I have gained a little bit of confidence back. This may be the beginning of a return to form, who knows?

I especially like that Jake uses running metaphor in his intro

Quote:
Note: you can do it daily, or go the half-marathon route and post every other day, or just do the 5K and post once a week. What ever you decide, just be consistent with it. Inktober is about growing and improving and forming positive habits, so the more consistent you are, the better.

* My therapist believed it was because of the shit that went down at the ad agency

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Aug 6, 19 6:21
Quote Reply
Re: Inktober 2018 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So ... you get 31 tattoos in 31 days? That's a lot of ink.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Inktober 2019 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THIS JUST IN!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0y8zm7gz0J/

Quote:
INKTOBER 2019 is coming!
🖤
This will be my 11th time doing it since starting the challenge in 2009. I can’t believe how big it’s become and the effect it’s had on some people’s lives.
🖤
This year I’m planning on doing another BIG piece with characters on it. Still deciding what genre to do (I’ve done fantasy and sci-fi so far) but my heart is saying do it in the SkyHeart universe.
🖤
I’m posting the prompts on Sept 1 on the @Inktober account. But the people on my email list get it a week sooner. Go to mrJakeParker.com to sign up!
🖤
#inktober #inktober2019
#inkdrawing #inkbot #robot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! That's amazing to me. I could never draw. My daughter can draw and paint, and I've had artistic friends and it always blows me away. My talents lie in other areas. At least that's what I tell myself. I had one buddy in college who would just do a caricature of the person he was sitting across from just eating pizza or whatever. On, say, a napkin. And it would be amazing.

Post more of those!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking at your art in the morning just got my day off to a wonderful start. Thanks.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WOW

especially love the spats
Quote Reply
Re: Inktober 2019 [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The link takes you to Jake Parker's IG - not mine, sorry

He is the creator of InkTober, and yeah, he's really good

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Email from Jake this morning with a sneak peek at the prompts, but there's a caveat ...

Quote:
Please keep this to yourself. The list won't be shared publicly until September 1.

... so I won't post it quite yet

I will say it's gonna be fun and honestly the prompts are not THAT challenging [last year there were prompts like "Guarded" "Cruel" and "Swollen"]

Quote Reply