Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

anyone wear wattie and roka tri suits? opinions?
Quote | Reply
i’m considering picking up one of watties newer more tame designed tri suits just for something with a little color. i’m currently racing in a roka all black or black / white tri suit.

overall i couldn’t be happier with the roka, but it’s the only brand tri suit i’ve owned so i don’t have any points of comparison.

just curious if anyone has raced in both and their personal experience with the suit difference regarding comfort and pad feel / differences.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: anyone wear wattie and roka tri suits? opinions? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want "tame" color, try the DeSoto suits. Emilio can sometimes be "out there" with some of his patterns but most are fine to be seen in out in public :-). Plus, the suits are great. I've been racing (short course) in them for three years and love them.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone wear wattie and roka tri suits? opinions? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a couple watties. Fit and finish is very good. I like the true one piece. Good pocket design for bike, no pockets on the leg for runs. Good shammy. Like the longer arm length. Downside is they are very expensive and most of the designs are stupid and ugly.

No experience with Roka tri suit although I do have a cycling kit. It is shit. Fit is sloppy club fit. Poor pocket design. Materials are average. Poor shammy. It appears to be a Chinese knock off of LG. That said, their tri kits are fairly cheap so they might not be that bad of a deal.

Before Roka I would consider LG, Kwami, or Castelli. Sigma Sports has the mack daddy version of the latter for 135 right now and I guarantee it is going to be way better than Roka at much lower price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a custom EPIX GEAR "Go Fierce" 2 pc. It costs the same as a 1 pc. off the shelf. Look at their site HERE, you can pretty much make it as loud or quiet with a 1 or 2 pc, for great prices. The pads are better than most and they do have a double-crotch support front to hold the boys better when materials are wet out of the swim. I have been quite happy with their designs/cuts as they have come a long way since they first started.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Wattie Ink Tri suit is the most comfortable tri kit I’ve ever worn.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone wear wattie and roka tri suits? opinions? [1poseur1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roka kits were made by Cuore

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: anyone wear wattie and roka tri suits? opinions? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Wattie race kit and a couple pairs of their bike shorts, all of which I love...expensive but very high quality and comfort. I'm taller and thin (6'0, 150lbs) and found their bike jerseys don't fit as well, but the tri top fits perfectly.
Quote Reply