Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: its getting darker... headlight suggestions? [Spoili007] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i've been using a generic cheap light from Amazon on my night time middle of nowhere gravel rides.it's very bright and hasn't let me down in the few weeks i've had it. it's convenient because it turns out that it has a tripod screw mount so i threw away all the mounting hardware that came with it and attached a gopro tripod mount to it. it works perfect with my combo garmin mounts and it was only like $30. thinking about buying a second one as a spare. the battery pack is super easy to strap to the stem or toptube.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MG7677G
Last edited by: jazzymusicman: Oct 24, 18 12:29
Quote Reply
Re: its getting darker... headlight suggestions? [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just a caveat about the niterider lights, had one of the OLED's with the screen crap out on me after a slightly rainy ride and their warranty department has given zero response. I still use the other 950 non-LED one that I have but just wanted to warn of a failure that has occured. Other than that I love the USB charging and the mounting. I use the K-edge with the adapter under my garmin. It stays on the bike year round in case my commutes get a little sidetracked!
Quote Reply
Re: its getting darker... headlight suggestions? [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Niterider lumina lights comes with a clamp on handlebar mount that does allow the light to swivel side to side. It believe it does rotate a full 360 degrees if you want it to. The pro MTB lights I don't think have a swivel option.
Quote Reply
Re: its getting darker... headlight suggestions? [A_Hooligan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That really sucks, I have had my OLED (which is only way I would go - you know how much battery is left - important at night) out in Rain/Snow etc. with no problems.

FWIW: I had a light fall off once, got run over by a truck, and sent it in. They were really good getting it fixed for a reasonable cost and back to me.

db
Quote Reply
Re: its getting darker... headlight suggestions? [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the 'universal' mount on the PRO Mtn bike lights I think that they can rotate. And like Jason said there are several types of mounts available that I think could work with your bars.

I can't say enough about the lights. Just in the last two nights, I've got about 6 hours of riding outside in nice weather that I would not be able to get in. The allow you to actually see what is coming up in addition to being seen.

I had one guy that I came up on think I was a motorcycle coming at him. They can be that bright !

Db
Quote Reply
Re: its getting darker... headlight suggestions? [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Going to order and give it a go. Have never felt safe with my current set up. Hopefully this should help.
Quote Reply
Re: its getting darker... headlight suggestions? [Dbeitel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it was a bummer because I really do like the light and the LED screen showing battery life really helped more than I thought it would. And like I said, I leave it on the cx bike year round because it gets constant use as a road bike and mtb which leads to long sidetracked commutes on the way home thru local single track so not having to worry about having a light with you is great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This website is a great resource --> Bike Light Database
Most importantly it reviews beampatterns and offers pictures of comparisons of illuminated areas.

For actual Riding:
I run a Taz 1500 with a wider beam pattern on my handlebars and an Urban 800 with a narrow pattern on my helmet.

For general commuting, either gets the job done.

Nice lights are very nice.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bontrager lights (Ion 700, 800 or Pro) work pretty well for my setup. I swear I'm as bright as cars at night and as visible as I can be with the flashing mode in the daylight.

VIDEO (Woudln't go flash mode at night, just for illustration effect)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just went on an early AM group ride last weekend and everyone had them except me. So I went on ebay and bought the cheapest set I could find (front and rear) - the Lezyne KTV. $40 for the set w/free shipping. It will be for my road bike so s/b no mounting issues. We shall see if this does the job.

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Last edited by: Don_W: Oct 25, 18 13:07
Quote Reply

Prev Next