Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kona Help Needed
Quote | Reply
Every year in Kona for maybe the last seven, I've had two folks talk to the athletes while they are standing in line, bored, waiting for bike check in which I run. I pay them. They ask, "Would you like to take a one question survey?" Over the years we've gleaned lots of useful information from, have they ever suffered a blood clot? Ever had toe nail fungus? Follow a special diet? Been injured in a bike crash? Had GI issues racing severe enough that it affected their performance? Those kinds of questions.

I tabulate the results and then write them up in an article for Ironman.com. Ultimately the athletes can see if they are in the majority/minority and maybe improve.

This year, my two surveyors are not responding. Typically it's Friday 10/12, midday, 3-4 hours, they can take breaks whenever they want, and it's even a little fun to interact with a few hundred nervous athletes!

Interested?

Thanks in advance,

John

John H. Post, III, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon
Charlottesville, VA
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Help Needed [johnpostmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry, OT a bit, I don't remember anybody asking me anything last year - I wasn't really nervous either. I waited to check my bike until later (avoid the masses).

What was the question last year. Partly, I'm interested in you having good data. meaning you have to ask lotsa people. In the grand scheme, for me, MEH...

Have a nice trip - I didn't even attempt a KQ, so guess I won't be there :-(

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's the best way to get a hold of you? I have a friend who's interested but not on ST
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
John, still have that roll away bed? I will know next week if I’m coming out. If I do I can help

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Help Needed [Jason AZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jason - EZ. john@johnpostmd.com and I usually answer fairly quickly.

Thanks for this. I appreciate it.

John

John H. Post, III, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon
Charlottesville, VA
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Help Needed [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No on the roll away. But thanks for asking. Stop and say Hi on Friday. I'll be wearing a red hat. (Well, used to be red but the sun's made it more like pink now.)

Thanks, John

John H. Post, III, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon
Charlottesville, VA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Should be getting an email from Theresa soon!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you cover the ticket I'll survey every last person on the island

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Help Needed [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could check with the airline. Does it matter to you if the seat is on the inside or outside of the plane? Ha.

John

John H. Post, III, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon
Charlottesville, VA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Standing room only, I'm in

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply