Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any Dutch Randonneurs Here
Quote | Reply
There is a brevet in Eindhoven in October.

I wonder if anyone has done it. Has any info on jt

Could recommend somewhere to stay

Which is the easiest airport to get to Eindhoven from; dusseldorf, Amsterdam or Brussels?

Actually, any info at all would be helpful

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Any Dutch Randonneurs Here [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brussels will definitely be faster than Amsterdam. The airport is close to the E19 to go north to Antwerp and then the E34 goes straight to Eindhoven. 1h 15' typically; morning traffic may cause you to lose time right before Antwerp in the main tunnel there. Otherwise it should be an easy drive. Part of that drive used to be my daily commute.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently, this Brevet is passing my house at only 2kms. Never done it but the route itself will be completely flat, with most of it on bikepaths and smaller roads I assume. I think some nice roads and quite some variation.

If you will travel by train from airport to Eindhoven then Amsterdam will be easiest (trainstation is location underneath Schiphol airport and I think there is a direct connection to Eindhoven).
If renting a car, then Dusseldorf will be slightly closer (appr. 1 hr drive), followed by Brussels (1h15) and Amsterdam (1h30).
Hotel and restaurant will not be an issue, plenty of them in Eindhoven

Furthermore, I don't think you need full winter gear however I would use leg/arm warmers, light windvest and maybe a rainjacket, and definitely bring some light gloves and shoe covers (weather can be between 5C and rain and 20C and sunny, however mornings will def. be a bit cold without leg/arm warmers). Maybe a small mudguard as the concrete bikepaths will stay wet for quite long if there is some rain during the day.

Don't know how long you're staying; if you also want to have a swim, you can go to the Tongelreep (Pieter v/d Hoogenband swimstadium). see https://eindhovensport.nl/tongelreep/zwembanen for lap-swim times.

Finally, if you intend some more riding, there's no reason to leave the Eindhoven area however you could go to Limburg( appr 50 min by car) or Ardennes (appr 1h15) if the weather is nice to ride part of Amstel Gold Race or Liege Bastonge Liege.
Quote Reply
Re: Any Dutch Randonneurs Here [Kempenaer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for both your replies

Very helpful
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depending where you're flying from: there is also a small airport in Eindhoven.

Getting from Brussels to Eindhoven by train will take much longer than Amsterdam indeed, there are only a limited number of train stations at the border.
Quote Reply