Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Great Rose Bowl Game!
Quote | Reply
Texas and USC - thanks for a GREAT Rose bowl game! I was supposed to get some more miles in on the trainer tonight, but couldn't with watching this game.

Oh, and go Buckeyes! (for Erik Clark and next year ...)

Re: Great Rose Bowl Game! [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a huge college football fan, but I was up and thought I'd watch the end of the game (last 6 minutes or so). Man, that was entertaining. I can't believe the poise under pressure these 18-21 year olds have. Amazing. Vince Young is incredible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was the football equivalent of boxing's "Holyfield-Bowe" fight (the first one). Just when it appears one team had control the other team threw a devestating blow.

Amazing game. Glad I stayed up to watch it.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: Great Rose Bowl Game! [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3 nights in a row of great football games AMAZING. now i need to get some sleep.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Great Rose Bowl Game! [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Surely you couldn't be referring to the Orange Bowl game. Both teams were so pathetic, I was hoping they would both lose.

Terrific game tonight. I haven't been that worked up about a football game in a long time.
Quote Reply
Re: Great Rose Bowl Game! [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At last, we agree on something :)

Awesome game
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree: Ohio State-Notre Dame was good, Rose Bowl was terrific, Penn State - FSU was awful, although fun to watch the kicker suffer under pressure.

Quote | Reply
Probably one of the best BCS games I've ever seen.

What a great season of bowl games. Many were close...back and forth...come from behind victories and losses. WVU was killing Georgia and ended up winning but GA gave it a good run in the second half.

Man...I hate to have to watch the NFL playoffs after this...
Quote Reply
Re: Great Rose Bowl Game! [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought it was supposed to be "The Reggie Bush Show." Turned out to be "The Vince Young Show." Can they have a do-over on the Heisman?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A good bowl season for my schools. Wisconsin (undergraduate) dominates a higher ranked foe for a convincing win and finishes ranked 15th overall. Texas (graduate school) wins a national championship!
Quote Reply
Re: Great Rose Bowl Game! [Sparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Great Rose Bowl Game! [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think I have ever seen a player like Vince Young before. Even the USC linemen were unable to tackle the guy without help. When in the pocket, he would barely react if only one defender was coming at him.

Obviously a quarterback can't run like that in the pros since the linebackers there would clobber him, but Young doesn't seem to give anything up to anyone in the passing department either.

Am I missing something, or is he the next number one pick?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think I have ever seen a player like Vince Young before. Even the USC linemen were unable to tackle the guy without help. When in the pocket, he would barely react if only one defender was coming at him.

Charlie Ward, although Ward was a better passer than Young. Hell, Andrew Ware (Heisman, Houston) was unbelievable (in college). And wel, Tommy Frazier (Nebraska) might have bee the most impressive college running QB I've ever seen.

Obviously a quarterback can't run like that in the pros since the linebackers there would clobber him, but Young doesn't seem to give anything up to anyone in the passing department either.

As I said inanother thread, randall Cunningham did. 1990 942rush yards, 3700 pass yads (w/ 30TD). (Compare to Vick's 902rush and 2300pass in 2004)

People keep looking for the "great running QB" that will change the game, and that QB has already came and went. Vick, McNabb, Young, etc are not trying to reovlutionize the game .. IMO, they're trying to accomplish what Cunningham did 15 years ago. Why does the media forget about Cunnungham so quickly?

Hype. Hype. Hype. NFL is very different than NCAA. will anyone on USC's defense be in the NFL? Let alone starting in the NFL?

Am I missing something, or is he the next number one pick?

There will certainly be pressure on the Houston Texans to take him.

I'm so bored (test day), I'm having the same conversation in multiple threads. Ugh.

=======================
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, you know more about college ball than I. Of course, that is not saying much.

If the worst thing you can say about the guy, is that Randall Cunningham was better, I guess he must be pretty good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vince Young is a stud. Flat-out. I am not saying anything bad about the guy. MOF, I wish the *experts* would shut up about his throwing motion and realize that it's not all about how you look, how your uniform fits, but simply whether you can play thegame or not.

He played, perhaps, the single greatest game a college QB has ever played (especially in a National Championship).

I was merely commenting on how every time an athletic scrambling QB goes into the draft (especially an athletic black QB), they are tabbed as "the one that will change the way the game is played" (Ware, McNabb, Culpepper, Vick, etc), and everyone (i.e., media) gets carried away with how great they're going to be in the NFL.

I haven't been this interested in how a college player is going to do in the NFL since Bo jackson started the Auburn running back tradition.

That reminds me of a trivia question a friend asked me the other day. Who was the last athlete to be both an NFL Pro-Bowler and a baseball All-Star?

=======================
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would think that would be Bo-Jackson, since Dione never was that good, but maybe Jackson wasn't that good in baseball either.

If not him, you probably have to go way back before my time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Deion was never an All-Star.

Answer is Brian Jordan. All-Pro Safety in the same backfield as Deion (Falcons), and an all-Star outfielder (Cardinals, Braves, Dodgers).

FWIW, I didn't get it right either ... and I'm a Cradinal fan.

Bo Jackson was an ll-Star outfielder for the KC Royals and hit one of te most dramatic all-star homers ever ... something like 464 feet.

=======================
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was awesome. One of the best bowl games I have ever seen. I truly didn't care which team won which made it better for me. Reminded me of the Boston/Miami (Flutie/Testeverdi) game, which is still my all time favorite game.
Quote Reply
Re: Great Rose Bowl Game! [tritnow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, a good one! But my all time fav is still the '02 Fiesta Bowl: Ohio State vs. the U (Miami). For the national title and triple overtime with even more drama than last nights Rose Bowl.