Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gluteus Medius Tendinopathy treatment
Quote | Reply
A triathlete/runner friend of mine (female) has been battling this for 2 years and now can't run and can only ride slowly. She's a top AGer. She's a PT and has been diligent with her rehab exercises, but they didn't help, neither did rest. Multiple cortisone and blood platelet injections have had the same result. I guess the next alternative is surgery? Are there any other options to consider? What does the surgery entail and what are the recovery times and success rates? TIA
Quote Reply
Re: Gluteus Medius Tendinopathy treatment [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
A triathlete/runner friend of mine (female) has been battling this for 2 years and now can't run and can only ride slowly. She's a top AGer. She's a PT and has been diligent with her rehab exercises, but they didn't help, neither did rest. Multiple cortisone and blood platelet injections have had the same result. I guess the next alternative is surgery? Are there any other options to consider? What does the surgery entail and what are the recovery times and success rates? TIA

I'm dealing with this and hamstring tendonopathy. Very frustrating injury because there does not seem to be anything worthwhile to help (and everyone responds differently, it seems). Here's a blog I found of a lady who had surgery for hamstring tendonopathy. I know it's not the same but may give her an idea on a related scale. Good luck!!!

http://www.amandarego.com

May have to look for the blog entries about her surgery
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure if it applies to the Glutes, but I am currently getting prolotherapy for hamstring tendonitis. The doctor injects a solution into the inflamed area and this tricks the body into thinking it is injured in that area and essentially repairs the injection site. The results have been mixed as far as I know, but might be worth some research.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Zedzded consider using NMES and TENS. Here is our go to here at Compex.

NMES and TENS can be used every day and multiple times per day to relief pain and accelerate oxygenated blood flow. Use the TENS program for pain relief, Pre-warmup and Muscle Relaxation programs for accelerated blood flow, and Endurance program to help with strengthen muscles.

TENS program-
· Pain relief (modulated low and high frequency provided continuous sensory simulations
· Use this program to help eliminate pain

Pre-Warmup and Muscle Relaxation programs-
· Use Muscle Relaxation first to get the muscle to relax, ensure you are seeing muscle twitches
· Use Pre-Warm Up to provide a higher acceleration of blood flow to the muscle group, again you need to see visible twitches. Keep in mind this program will be a bit more intense than Muscle Relaxation always find a 7 out of 10 comfort level.
Endurance Program-
· Use this program to start strength the muscle group. Again find a level 7 out of 10 of your comfort zone.

Pad Placement
https://www.compex.com/electrode-placements/gluteus

Training Guide

Purpose

Mode

Intensity

Time

How often

Pain relief

TENS

Low to medium

Minimum 20 minutes