Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saddle Mounted Rear Hydration with Integrated 1/4 Turn Mount
Quote | Reply
Has anyone come accross a saddle mounted solution that will accomodate hydration but also have an integrated quarter turn mount (Garmin). I was looking at if I went with a garmin varia rear unit, i would rather have it hard point mounted as opposed to the band mounts around the seat post. Also, given an aero seat post, most of the band mounts don't stay put all that well even with the universal mount system, plus I would want to get the light/radar higher up for rear visibility/detection. Been searching high and low but no luck...are my missing something? TIA
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle Mounted Rear Hydration with Integrated 1/4 Turn Mount [rbower04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't of anything, but maybe look into 3d printing places like shapeways.
Also, consider adapters like GoPro mounts. There are GoPro mounts to do just about everything, and 1/4 to GoPro mounts are available as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle Mounted Rear Hydration with Integrated 1/4 Turn Mount [Rumpled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the shapeways tip. So I did some more looking around and came across a few options that I might be able to work around a saddle mount cage. First off I am working with a Felt B-16 frame and stock seat post. First item is a seat post to a go pro style mount:

https://www.shapeways.com/...nt?optionId=56029997

From here you could use a GoPro to Garmin mount adapter like:

https://www.shapeways.com/...er?optionId=58618852

NEXT

Second option is similar but goes straight into the Garmin mount (just not as much clearance away from the post, first option goes out almost three times further):

https://www.shapeways.com/...mp;optionId=60350106

Main item I am trying to resolve is that almost everything I find on shapeway refers to these mounts as being for a "Felt U-M1.1 Aero Road Seat Post." I can't seem to find anything on felts website that refers to seat posts in that manner, both old and new. At the end of the day if it will work on my "Felt Aero UHC Advanced Carbon Fiber Bladed Monocoque Design" Seat Post, then that is all that matters.

Thanks again for the assistance!

Last edited by: rbower04: Sep 26, 18 6:20
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle Mounted Rear Hydration with Integrated 1/4 Turn Mount [rbower04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just went through this looking for a way to mount my Varia off a single cage rear hydration mount. I used an integrated stem mount I played with. I tried an inexpensive plastic one I found on Amazon but the 2 mm screw for the mount stripped so the Varia turned though I liked the Varia location.
So I ended up with this one listed below on ebay for ~$ 16 & shipped quickly from US that I attached between the rear hydration mount & the bottle cage using just one of the bottle mount screws. While carbon fiber the mount piece has 2 screw thread points which can be reversed to the back side of the long piece. That way the bend came out below the bottle cage. I then set it up so the Varia is horizontal & it works well & is secure.

Stopwatch Speedometer Bike Handle Bar Holder Extension Mount for Garmin CS618
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't help on the integrated mount, but would just add that I have been using the seat post Varia Radar mount (with rubber bands, on the aero seat post of a P2) combined with saddle mounted hydration for 2+ years with no issues. Of course this depends on how much seat post you have showing, and how low the hydration mount sits. For my setup, standing close to the bike it doesn't look like there is a lot of room in between, but if you look at the bike from far back where a car will see the radar (and vice versa) there is plenty. The Varia aero seat post mount isn't perfect in that it tilts the radar unit up slightly, but in practice it hasn't been an issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you might be able to do both by matching something like the Sitero system Reserve Rack (https://www.specialized.com/...HyL_XJ0aAk3pEALw_wcB) and/or the Garmin mount from WattShop (https://www.shopforwatts.co.uk/...-for-garmin-and-srms)

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle Mounted Rear Hydration with Integrated 1/4 Turn Mount [BarbBikeTechie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarbBikeTechie wrote:
I just went through this looking for a way to mount my Varia off a single cage rear hydration mount. I used an integrated stem mount I played with. I tried an inexpensive plastic one I found on Amazon but the 2 mm screw for the mount stripped so the Varia turned though I liked the Varia location.
So I ended up with this one listed below on ebay for ~$ 16 & shipped quickly from US that I attached between the rear hydration mount & the bottle cage using just one of the bottle mount screws. While carbon fiber the mount piece has 2 screw thread points which can be reversed to the back side of the long piece. That way the bend came out below the bottle cage. I then set it up so the Varia is horizontal & it works well & is secure.

Stopwatch Speedometer Bike Handle Bar Holder Extension Mount for Garmin CS618

You have that link?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speedfil R3 with speedfil z4 bottle mount đź‘Ś
Last edited by: jono84: Sep 26, 18 15:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just used the included mount and was able to attach it to my xlab super wing

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will have to look on ebay using the description I listed. I have photos of interested. Can send to your email.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle Mounted Rear Hydration with Integrated 1/4 Turn Mount [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hubcaps wrote:
I just used the included mount and was able to attach it to my xlab super wing

That looks very interesting! I'd like to do that. Doesn't it angle downward reducing the radar performance?
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle Mounted Rear Hydration with Integrated 1/4 Turn Mount [alfonso132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope works perfectly fine and haven’t noticed a difference. However I don’t ride outside that much. I like this setup because It doesn’t affect my race setup
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I finally got this all done (shapeways took a while to come in).

I went with an Xlab Carbon wing and a shapeways printed 1/4 Turn mount. (https://www.shapeways.com/...43641&li=ostatus). The medium size is drilled out in the middle so you can use an appropriate bolt which will recess into the mold.

Quote Reply