Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Quick Thoughts on Nike Pegasus Turbo, the $50M Miracle Foam Running Shoes [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When is your race? Can you wait until next week when the Vapor Fly Flyknits come out? For a 5k I would prefer a lower shoe with less bounce. I just hope the fit of the Vapor Fly Flyknit is closer to the Zoom Fly which fit my foot better. Vapor Flys seem to fit wider which makes me have to tie them tighter.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Thoughts on Nike Pegasus Turbo, the $50M Miracle Foam Running Shoes [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do the Pegasus Turbo fit in terms of sizing? Are they true to size or do they fit small like the Zoomfly and require sizing half a size up?
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Thoughts on Nike Pegasus Turbo, the $50M Miracle Foam Running Shoes [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anthonypat wrote:
Peg Turbos are nothing like the 4%. The new Zoomfly Fly Knit are a Vapor 2%-ish. Very nice shoe...NOTHING like the V1 of the Zoomfly.

Do you have all three? I’m wondering about sizing. I wear a 9 in the vaporfly 4% and a 9.5 in the zoomfly. I’m thinking about trying the zoomfly knit but wasn’t shire what size to go with.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Thoughts on Nike Pegasus Turbo, the $50M Miracle Foam Running Shoes [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Zoom Fly achilles chafe became a big problem for me and the Flyknits have addressed it completely. They have a small patch of that sock-like material at the end of the upper so it's soft and flexible. No blister issues to speak of yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Thoughts on Nike Pegasus Turbo, the $50M Miracle Foam Running Shoes [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
anthonypat wrote:
Peg Turbos are nothing like the 4%. The new Zoomfly Fly Knit are a Vapor 2%-ish. Very nice shoe...NOTHING like the V1 of the Zoomfly.

Do you have all three? I’m wondering about sizing. I wear a 9 in the vaporfly 4% and a 9.5 in the zoomfly. I’m thinking about trying the zoomfly knit but wasn’t shire what size to go with.

I.m a 9.5 in Vaporfly, 10 in Peg Turbo (sent those back, blah), 10.5 in ZoomFly V1 and back to 9.5 in Zoomfly V2. Some people have said they needed to size up but I didn't need to at all...the 10 were way too long. The forefoot plate is not as comfy as the Vaporfly, which is to be expected with the react foam instead of the ZoomX. Its a world's better shoe for me that V1. I just hope the Vaporfly V2 is as soft as V1. At least the upper/ tongue interface will be better.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Thoughts on Nike Pegasus Turbo, the $50M Miracle Foam Running Shoes [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried them on and did a little jog inside the store and felt like they don't have enough cushion for my arch (I have mild high arch and supination) and not enough support overall. The drop seems ok (I normally wear 4-6mm drops). I am not sure if running them for longer distance will change how they feel, but I am reluctant to put down $180 just to try it. FWIW, my go to shoes are Saucony Zealot and Hoka Clifton for training and longer runs, and Saucony Kivara and Hoka Cavu for racing and speed runs.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Thoughts on Nike Pegasus Turbo, the $50M Miracle Foam Running Shoes [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
When is your race? Can you wait until next week when the Vapor Fly Flyknits come out? For a 5k I would prefer a lower shoe with less bounce. I just hope the fit of the Vapor Fly Flyknit is closer to the Zoom Fly which fit my foot better. Vapor Flys seem to fit wider which makes me have to tie them tighter.

Thank you for the heads up

Actually I use the zoom fly SP. I really like the upper on these

My race is not until November so plenty of time, but I heard they sell out within a couple hours
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Thoughts on Nike Pegasus Turbo, the $50M Miracle Foam Running Shoes [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was on running warehouse the day the last ones came out and just hit refresh every hour or so until they came out then I bought them. You should be ok doing that the day they come out. But they might have more this round since to many people want them.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Thoughts on Nike Pegasus Turbo, the $50M Miracle Foam Running Shoes [zbittin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have peg turbos and got the zoom fly flyknit with the idea being to wear the zoom fly mostly for races (as well as occasional training). Vaporfly would be even better, but price/availability. For me, the plate seems to make a difference even if the weight is close. The turbo is really comfy and has been versatile (I wouldn't put on the zoom flys for a slower run).
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Thoughts on Nike Pegasus Turbo, the $50M Miracle Foam Running Shoes [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m having the same issue finding Hokas now. Are these cushioned enough to use during the marathon? I’ve been in the Adidas Tempo but need a little more for the full.
Last edited by: ffmedic84: Sep 26, 18 11:46
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Thoughts on Nike Pegasus Turbo, the $50M Miracle Foam Running Shoes [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I wear a size 11.5 in zoom fly sp

Any suggestions what size to get in Vapor Fly 4%?
Quote Reply

Prev Next